JD Williams online account hacked

Gillyh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received two order confirmation emails last night from JD Williams, presumably charging them to my credit account.

I have not placed these orders. One (for a pack of men’s socks so obviously the test order) has my address on the delivery details, but the other order is for 3 pairs of trainers, with a London delivery address added.  

i immediately changed my password for the account and have used the customer messaging facility to request the orders are immediately cancelled.  I will try to phone this morning though I expect this maybe difficult at the current time.

if the London order goes through, surely I will be protected and not be charged; could you advise please?

Contact their customer services backed up by Email that the orders were not yours should be cancelled, and you have changed password etc, save any email response, and if phoning record the call.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You should read our customer services guide and record all your calls.

Secondly, if you have a payment card configured in their system then you should delete it.

Keep an eye on your account and also keep an eye on your bank account. If a payment goes through to your bank account then you should challenge immediately – and it would probably be a good idea to phone your bank anyway and to put them on notice that there is a possible fraud.

Frankly it would be a good idea to get a new card with a new number from your bank.

Please let us know if anything actually happens and if you have any problem dealing with these people

Thank you all for your help - I’ve made a separate contact to their investigations team, as the responses I received from both their online contact form and by speaking to a customer services assistant weren’t appropriate; I had to point out it was fraud and should be escalated. Disappointing and worrying that it wasn’t taken seriously.

A wake up call about changing passwords regularly that’s for sure, I’ve spent most of today doing just that.