• Tweets

• A divorce lawyer should be able talk to you for up to half an hour without charging, to assess whether they can help with a separation agreement. You can find someone locally via the Law Society website, click on Find a Solicitor or follow this link.   https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/   HB
    • I contacted a mediator who gave me their prices of £99 per person for the first session, £180 per person for each session after and then a further £180 per person for the paperwork ... which IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING   Think I'm in the wrong job! 
    • He is entitled to half of the equity, not half of the value as we have a mortgage on it   
    • Alternatively, I could continue to pay the loan that is with the the same bank as my mortgage, but wouldn't be able to make much if any reduced repayments on the other three.   Thanks for your help.
    • Illegal? No, Corrupt? No,  In breach of PRIN and the CCTA code? Possibly, dependant on your correspondence and arrangements  with them - send a SAR What people have to realise is once you sign a BOS the car is no longer yours You have permission to use it whilst you comply with the loan agreement  Your protection is the Default Notice should you get into arrears  It is prior to or on receipt of this that you need to converse with the lender don't ignore it
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

JD Williams online account hacked

I received two order confirmation emails last night from JD Williams, presumably charging them to my credit account.

I have not placed these orders. One (for a pack of men’s socks so obviously the test order) has my address on the delivery details, but the other order is for 3 pairs of trainers, with a London delivery address added.  

i immediately changed my password for the account and have used the customer messaging facility to request the orders are immediately cancelled.  I will try to phone this morning though I expect this maybe difficult at the current time.

if the London order goes through, surely I will be protected and not be charged; could you advise please?

Contact their customer services backed up by Email that the orders were not yours should be cancelled, and you have changed password etc, save any email response, and if phoning record the call.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You should read our customer services guide and record all your calls.

Secondly, if you have a payment card configured in their system then you should delete it.

Keep an eye on your account and also keep an eye on your bank account. If a payment goes through to your bank account then you should challenge immediately – and it would probably be a good idea to phone your bank anyway and to put them on notice that there is a possible fraud.

Frankly it would be a good idea to get a new card with a new number from your bank.

Please let us know if anything actually happens and if you have any problem dealing with these people

Gillyh

I would change your Email address too, if your account has been hacked....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Thank you all for your help - I’ve made a separate contact to their investigations team, as the responses I received from both their online contact form and by speaking to a customer services assistant weren’t appropriate; I had to point out it was fraud and should be escalated. Disappointing and worrying that it wasn’t taken seriously.

A wake up call about changing passwords regularly that’s for sure, I’ve spent most of today doing just that.