Bristol Water - Small Claims or Mediation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

received "notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" which needs completing by 10th December 2020. I need advice on whether take this down small claims or Mediation. I have asked the company to send me a breakdown of the account to ascertain the validity of the amount they are claiming, they have only sent copies of the bills and no payment breakdowns. I included this in my defence but  still nothing,   I have digital receipts that contradict the amount they are claiming and wrote to them stating that I need an account summary as they have not taken into consideration the money we have paid. Now we have "notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" form pack sent instead of the information we have requested.

So is it Small Claims or Mediation.

Afternoon,

received "notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" which needs completing by 10th December 2020.

I need advice on whether take this down small claims or Mediation.

I have asked the company to send me a breakdown of the account to ascertain the validity of the amount they are claiming, they have only sent copies of the bills and no payment breakdowns.

I included this in my defence but  still nothing,  

I have digital receipts that contradict the amount they are claiming and wrote to them stating that I need an account summary as they have not taken into consideration the money we have paid.

Now we have "notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" form pack sent instead of the information we have requested.

So is it Small Claims or Mediation.

Is this a new problem or is there an existing thread on this?

Also, please will you not post your stories in unbroken blocks of text. Well spaced and punctuated will make it much easier for people to help you

• Like 1

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is this a business supply debt or a private household debt ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So if you owe a debt and it is just the amount that is in question, ask for mediation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

lots of lowell energy claimforms here ...can we see yours please!! do the link.

dont forget npowers crap billing system that they had to dump of the right period and any statute barring that might apply

lowells have disc'd loads of these old npower util claims once fronted!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You have not got to disclosure stage yet...that comes after you have submitted the above.

Yes it is small claims track and yes to mediation.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

well if you helped us we would know but you always keep refusing to fill our sticky threads out when you come here for help.

so can you do that

as we need to see the exact POC they have filed.

many water companies try it on with many years of bills.

we dont even know the time span yet.

and they

Copy of your defence would also be helpful...otherwise we cant assist with the next stage after you submit your N180.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

wish you'd use pdf and fill out our link,,,everyone does..

so they are claiming you've not paid all your water bills for 4yrs.

but you have 'digital' receipts?

have you sent them a CPR 31:14

previous to this and at the letter of claim stage

did you send an SAR?

and they

Could this poss be a case of the org bills for these years being for the water supply and these new bills are for sewerage and drainage That they poss never charged for and later found their mistake out ?

Just trying to work out how you were allowed for so many years to under pay and them never to date say anything ?

and they

the four bills mentioned are combined water and sewage.

totally agree with you why did they let her go on for so long?

The defence I took the template from this site but amended that the POC did not have an account number nor was there any supporting paper work referring to the debt. That we have requested this information in order to prepare our defence.

I am a Bristol/Wessex water customer and those amounts quoted look like standard annual charges for unmetered water and sewerage,  

If you have been paying them the regular monthly amounts, I wonder whether the amounts paid have been credited to the correct Bristol/Wessex account.

Bristol/Wessex have fairly long customer account numbers.  

How were you paying amounts to Bristol/Wessex ?

Get hold of Bank statements or list of payments from your Bank and compare it to what Bristol Wessex are saying through mediation.

What is your financial position now to enter into repayment of amount owed ?