DWP compliance call

Stressedtothemax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening all, 

Im hoping you can ease a stressed mind!!

I had a random call yesterday regarding my benefit claim.

Started off straight forward enough, in then informed of allegations against me as working while receiving benefits & also having a partner.

Neither case is true.

I look after my grand daughter while her mum works but that's all, a friend of mine helps with bits n bobs for me but we are not in a relationship.

I do stress that given as the 'tip off was received over 7 months ago I am aware that my child was involved in a very heated custody battle then (& ongoing) & that I know that this call is malicious.

end of the call in asked to confirm I agree with the statement & the officer says they are happy I have given the correct information they will call me in 2 weeks regarding a query on a top up I receive. 

They agree it is malicious.

So what im feeling is, that it? investigation over? 

I have nothing to feel guilty of but when you have the many illnesses I have it's hard not to feel anxiety.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I haven't been through the compliance process myself but from seeing numerous threads here over the years, Compliance don't sound like unreasonable people. I would assume the lady meant what she said and deal with the next phone call if there is one. You did exactly the right thing by explaining the situation and being honest, it can only help.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

That is all you have to, tell the truth about your circumstances and if they want any information sent to them e.g. Bank statements, then make sure you respond to any letters you receive in the post.

The phone call may not be the end of the process.  Make sure you open all post received and try to respond to any information requests within any time period stated.  If you find that you are having difficulty obtaining information within the time period required, then give them a phone call to ask for more time.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes I have had one previously, and that too was malicious, unfortunately it's a procedure they have to go through to be seen to investigate ''tip offs'' no matter how questionable they are.

It is a shame that there's no consequence for these types of malicious tip offs, , however you seem to be aware of which direction this information came from, there time will come.

I'd just try to put it to the back of your mind now, they'll ring in a couple of weeks and tell you their investigation is concluded and no further action will be taken.

• Thanks 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!