Dealer unable to provide refund due to accounting!?

beige
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before my Annual Service in August I noticed the AC was making a hissing noise and wasn't working properly.

I reported this to the dealer and they said the pressure was low. They recommended the AC refrigerant be refilled at a cost of £80 (paid by Credit Card).

Three months later and the AC began hissing and stopped working again. After booking the car in again the dealership has found a leak and stated the repair would be covered under warranty.

I questioned why this was not detected in august and as this was a warranty issue would the initial recharge cost be refunded.

The dealership conceded but have declined to provide a refund back to my card and have instead stated they would only be able to offer a discount for the amount of £80 off of my next service.

They stated this was due to their accounts being closed off at the end of each month and being unable to go back and refund the initial charge.

This seems like a bit of an odd excuse to me.

simple contact your card provider

do a section 75 reclaim

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Less than £100?

some do chargebacks on a cc for sums less £100  ask can't hurt

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

same

and they

15 hours ago, CraigMcK said:

I’m not commenting on the money. But as it’s a refrigerant they should test the system in the first place to ensure it can maintain a vacuum. It sounds like that may just have refilled it without testing first. 

It looks like the vacuum/ evac is more to remove the old refrigerant than test the system.
On some of the motoring forums they suggest requesting a pressure test with Nitrogen.

From the GOV website on car aircon

Check for leaks

You’re legally required to prevent F gases leaking from mobile air conditioners, so you should get your technician to regularly service it and check for leaks.

If you’re a technician that services a mobile conditioner, you share responsibility for stopping leaks with the owner of the vehicle.

10 hours ago, CraigMcK said:

From the GOV website on car aircon

Check for leaks

You’re legally required to prevent F gases leaking from mobile air conditioners, so you should get your technician to regularly service it and check for leaks.

If you’re a technician that services a mobile conditioner, you share responsibility for stopping leaks with the owner of the vehicle.

It's a bit worrying with these harmful gasses that possible leaks aren't investigated properly. All too easy to bill the customer for a recharge and wait to see if it happens again.