• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • The CMA’s latest monitoring report on road fuel shows that prices at the pump have risen since late January, accompanied by above average margins and spreads.View the full article
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Solidworks/CJCH - copyright threat germany

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ignore as everyone else has

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have also CCed people from ansys as well ..they have found my company and found my email addresses as well ..they have asked me to reply by 4th Dec ?? I have received this email from UK office and I am in Germany ..

Also do they have all the simulation file logs as well ?? I haven't used it for any commercial but for my own learnings ..but i can't prove it as well but can they ??

Thanks @dx100uk @cmas for your reply 

Letter is addressed to me with my company address ..i guess they took everything from my website ..

This is my small company which is in struggling phase trying to do something ..don't have any money to give it to them ..i dot not have any registered office in Germany and company is registered in India.. 

What i should do guys suggest me ?? 

It seems they have my company details, my details, ip address they monitored 

So they have collected your email address from the monitoring software. Used the domain to connect it to your business.

You do not use a VPN?

Does your company offer a product or service that could theoretically make use of this Ansys software package?  

Edited by cmas

8 minutes ago, ashmess said:

What i should do guys suggest me ?? 

you ignore them totally

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

own topic created please post here now

and they

yea if u respond to them, you open a can of worms and they wont ever go away.

In responding you verify they have your contact details right.

In responding you also acknowledge you have enough assets to risk loosing that warrant you to reply in an attempt to settle the matter.

Replying only gives them more ammunition then they already have.

Its unlikely but possible they file a case.

Bounced and blocked been 2+ months since they have tried to reach me … 

Edited by cmas

never respond as they have no way of knowing if you ever get the emails anyway

VPN doesn't help either..old wives tale.

the details are harvested by the software upon installation and are emailed out via their own smp imbedded in the installation.

it also emails out whenever you do certain things with files too.

careful monitoring via one of the many port scanners will show the active smtp port. close it

and they

28 minutes ago, cmas said:

So they have collected your email address from the monitoring software. Used the domain to connect it to your business.

You do not use a VPN?

Does your company offer a product or service that could theoretically make use of this Ansys software package?  

I have not used VPN its my mistakee 

Yes my company offers products and services in similar domains .. 

4 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

never respond as they have no way of knowing if you ever get the emails anyway

VPN doesn't help either..old wives tale.

the details are harvested by the software upon installation and are emailed out via their own smp imbedded in the installation.

it also emails out whenever you do certain things with files too.

careful monitoring via one of the many port scanners will show the active smtp port. close it

I have just shut down the pc and uninstall everything for now .. but i am sure they will keep .... my brain .. 

VPN does create extra plausible deniability. You could have accessed your email from a friends computer. Since all they really have is your email domain name. But if they also have the IP registered to you, then its harder to explain away two coincidences. 

Edited by cmas

eh?

it harvests actively used email addresses on the installation machine via the pop/smtp server use

simplest way is if you ever are going to pirate these types of software is to run it in a sandbox.

then it can't do anything with you allowing it.

and they

13 minutes ago, ashmess said:

I have just shut down the pc and uninstall everything for now .. but i am sure they will keep .... my brain .. 

so pray tell me

how do they know you got the email?

scamming you for xmas mate.

and they

Yes @dx100ukthey dont know if i have received it or not .. but who knows they might use some software to check if you have seen the email or not  ?`

@cmas what finally happened in your case ? 

My problem is my company is involved with this which can make things very difficult for me .. we do wish to buy this license but the costs are very very heavy. 

Do you know they force only to buy license or put penalties as well ? If you guys have heard of any cases ? 

For now I am not going to reply .. as they have given me date of 4th Dec .. let's see what happens after that .. 

any penalties are unlawful.

deal if you must with solidworks directly.

trust me they wont know a thing about your present use of it

there is no evidence here CJCH do nor can do..anything 

only the owner of the software can enforce licensing and they are not even in the UK.

and they

yea so, in my case they went after my employer. Then stopped going after my employer and started going after me instead as they suspected me.

I did not have the option of not replying as my employer replied and prompted me to reply. 

I am not sure what the typical settlement demands are for the software package you being accused of using. 

In my case they wanted me to either buy solid works premium with 1 year subscription which is like 11k USD.

Even though I am being accused of using the basic package worth like 4k or 5.8k with subscription taxes etc. 

The other settlement option they offered was for 5k with no software. 

You should look up your countries court case filing data base to try and understand how litigious they are. How many case they have filed for similar infringements. The profiles of the accused company's and how those cases ended.  

In my case Dassault systems had about 6 similar case filings in the past 3 years for all of the USA. 

Based on my estimates it seems they are going after offenders enmasse and that the 6 cases represent a small percentage of total potential infringement cases. As solid works is a wildly popular software used by many. Just about any collage engineering student has a pirated copy of this. 

So these were all factors I used in my decision to bounce black ignore

You are dealing with ANSYS and so it is worth trying to understand thy enemy and try to understand their business model in pursuit of these cases.

For example the music industry wasted billions of $ with bit torrent law suits to try and make an example of ppl with the goal of scaring the masses to comply.

This was not Dassaults business model. Other then the 6 cases they filed (perhaps to make an example out of ppl) they seem to want to shake ppl down for easy license sales and settlement penalty fees. 

and they

This is competition company from Dassault ..

Additionally when I look into the letter carefully sent i have noticed some things 

1. they have CCed people from Ansys

2. CJCH solicitors have signed it as well 

3. They have written which versions used and what timeframes (not very precisely but covered all the years). Even my PC was shut for 2 years in that time frame. 

You all had similar types of letter which looks very real ?

Thanks 

CJCH is the law firm hired by ANSYS to assist with their extortion racket and they work together in these matters.

ANSYS wants to settle for the sale of expensive license to close your case.

once they're done with you and you still have not bought a license then then turn it over to the lawyers who try to negotiate settlement like a debt collection circus 

1 hour ago, ashmess said:

You all had similar types of letter which looks very real ?

it made to look that way..

ignore them until or unless you ever get a letter of claim from a solicitor 

and pigs don't fly either.

and they

yea they send alot of letters out threatening law suits hoping to get money.

They do have the recourse to file a law suit but chances are they wont.

For the USA I know of only 6 relevant cases filed. 

6 cases is not that many considering that there is likely many thousands of violators.

They likely have no intent to actually sue but are merely threating.

If the software is 40k tho,  .... its quite a bit more then what i was accused off and it may be worth trying to find out how they deal with those cases

Edited by cmas