Waiting on refund from July from The Gym

pinkjaybird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

I was emailed by the gym saying they would refund me half of my gym membership as I was unable to travel to the gym (it was in a location near my university and not my home). 

I have been waiting since July for this refund and they keep saying they're looking into it but I haven't received it yet.

in one email they said that it was their accounts team having an issue locating my PayPal account.

My PayPal account is the same email they contacted me on.

And I haven't had a response in the past week about what the next hold up is but this is beyond ridiculous.

What can I do to get my money back? 

I tried to escalate through PayPal but they've rejected the claim as the purchase was over 180days ago. 

why are you using a PP account to pay regular amounts

that removes any consumer protection you have as they are outside the UK and are not covered at all by our banking and consumer laws...unless this was a paypal credit account.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi PJB,

1. How much are you hoping to be refunded.

2. How is that amount calculated.

3. Is the gym DD mandate still active or have you cancelled it.

4. Or is it perhaps a CPA (Continuous Payment Authority).

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

What gym is this?

IMHO as this was paid via PP I'd put it down to experience write it off and move on.

Alternatively issue the gym a LBC and sue them for the amount through the small claims track.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

LBC = Letter Before Claim

Did The Gym say they'd refund in an email, by letter, in person or by phone ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi PJB,

Make sure you keep the email safely.

I would now send a written letter to the gym manager (or their Head Office if you know the address, Croydon ??) saying :-

Dear sir or madam,

Membership at xxxxxx gym

I refer to my membership for which I paid up front in November 2019.

In your email of xxdate, you confirm I will be refunded £74.07 to compensate for the facility being inaccessible for me due to location. 

So far, you have failed to make the refund as stated, despite me contacting you several times and being given various excuses.

I now require that you refund me as agreed to my PayPal account within 7 days. The details of the account are :-

Name xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xxxxxx

Account No. xxxxxxxxxx

If you fail to make the refund within 7 days I will look to recover the amount via the Court system.

Yours faithfully,

Send by post and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO Counter.