letter from abbey ... what should i do next?

mjn112

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

i just recieved this from the abbey is this the norm i'm starting to get a bit worried....

dear mr m.n****,

we are in the process of reviewing this claim and preparing our response.a defence will be filed in due course.

in the meantime, we note that you have claimed the sum of 4,487.00 in respect of charges that you say have been made on your abbey account. however you have provided no details as to how this sum has been calculated.

as you will appreciate, you will need to produce evidence to the court regarding these amounts, and this infomation should have been supplied by you when you filed your claim. we should be grateful if you would provide such details to us as soon as possible.

we look forward to hearing from you.

abbey national plc.

1 i have just recieved a letter from county court saying they have already filed a defence and have 28 days.

2 is this a timewasting excercise on thier part?

3 should i send them the spread of charges against me?(i would have thought they already had this)

please help im getting worried now

many thanks mick.

hi, this is what i would do,

i take it you have sent a copy of your spreadsheet with your prelim and lba and you sent them recorded or signed for and still have the slips, if you have you could send this.

your name

name of bank or person sending letter

Thank you for your letter dated xxxx. I can confirm that you have received details of the amount I am claiming. (put slip number 1 here) is confirmed as being received/signed for on the xxxx. (put slip number 2 here) is confirmed as being received/sign for on the xxxx.

I again enclose a copy of the spreadsheet that you have in your possession.

As you will appreciate, you will need to produce evidence in court regarding how you calculate these charges, I would be grateful if you would provide such details to us as soon as possible so that they can be independently examined.

Yours faithfully,

its up to you if you want to send it if they have had it twice and you enclosed it when you submitted your n1 there just trying it on.