style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,
Hoping for some advice. After hearing Martin recently I decided to look into my council tax band. Went on the VOA site and my house is listed as deleted. The property had concrete cancer and was going to be demolished which is why I think the band was deleted. The council decided to repair rather than demolish and we became tenants when the work was finished.

Been here 10 years and always paid band B rates - every other property has not been deleted and are in band A.
All of the properties on the street had the same issues and were all repaired to the same standard so not sure why we are paying band B and everyone else band A. All of the other properties are the same size and layout etc so no difference in value.

I want to challenge the band but not sure how to word it so would like help if anyone can please :)
Many Thanks
Darren

exactly as you have above

you should be in for quite a windfall here

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Don't run any expectations too high for the challenge process alone. It is largely unfit for purpose as each case is reviewed by parties that have a stake in ruling against you, either the council which obviously is unlikely to rule in reducing the fee it seeks to collect or the assesor who is unlikely to rule that a mistake was made.

I would expect it to take a legal challenge to actually pursuade the biased party to rule in your favour or be forced to.

Edited by FruitSalad1010