Revolut have closed my Account - how to start legal action please

sheriff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Cag member's,

I apologise if i have posted in the wrong thread.

Was Looking for some advice please, with a situation I have with Revolut ltd.

I have been using the app for over a year, just for the purpose of travel, but in March 2020 I started using their trading platform.

Everything was working without any issues. I was toping up my Revolut account fine, Trading fine, Then in August 2020 my wife & I made a transfer from her bank account to my Revolut account, (which we've done before) I then moved the transferred funds into my Revolut savings account.

2 days later Revolut temporally locked my account.

Over the last 3 months I have requested an update & even contacted their complaint's department, only for them to reply back with a template message:

'Your concern has been raised to the relevant team. They're currently being reviewed by our relevant team and, if there's anything else we might need from your end, we'll make sure to reach out. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with an estimate of how long the investigation will take, but we'll do our best to sort everything out as soon as possible as we understand how important it is for you. In any case, I've already reached out to them, so they can prioritize your case. So don't worry, we'll contact you if we need further details and thank you for your patience'

I then made a complaint through Resolver. Revolut replied and decided to close my account.

What is the best way to get my funds in Revolut returned  back to me?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Sheriff

Depends because your claim would be for the full amount of money they currently hold plus costs / damages maybe? 

How much is it?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I can see why it spooked Revolut... Thats a significant amount of money.

Although potentially easily resolved if going down Legal - As long as the source of the funds is above board. 

IE Savings over 2 years from valid employment. Plus if you can get Revo to cough up the info - You might find out what happened. 

Keep in mind that your claim will have costs of 4.5% of the claim - Your claim would be roughly £675. 

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees

You could include damages in the amount of the claim but the amount you would need to pay would go up

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

1 minute ago, sheriff said:

It's around £15,000 as it stands.

Will I need to send the a letter before action and a subject access request, before filing the claim?

Do you know how long they have? I'm guessing due to the current climate things take longer?

Yes DSAR and LOC is required.

Might be a slow process but you will likely get your money back.

DSAR 1st - Analyse the info recieved back - Then LOC. Once the DSAR hits your doormat / inbox - Issue LOC to them.

BE prepared to backup with evidence the origin of the funds. 

• Like 1

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You could do it quicker by issuing LOC now and giving them 30 days. (Letter Of Claim / Letter Before Action) and then by the time the court catches up - You should have your DSAR. Cut a month off... 

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ideal Timeline

30 days LOC - Today

30 day DSAR - Today

Fail to resolve - Issue claim in 30 days via MCOL 

**33 Days if defended** If I remember)

5+14+14 

5 days delivery of service

14 days claim time from POC

14 days defend time

Then the process will go on from there.  If they dont give in and do defend - Likely 3 - 6 months...

Directions Questionnaire will be for fast track as claim is between 10 - 25k.

Then who knows as the issue here is what evidence you hold. You will need to swap docs / evidence etc.

04080403-ew-the-fast-track-and-the-multi-track-in-the-civil-courts-pdf-8.pdf

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• dx100uk changed the title to Revolut have closed my Account - how to start legal action please