Intrum/Lester Aldridge - PAP Letter - now claimform Re old Halifax Card .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Hope you can hep me please.

I have received a letter of claim from lester aldridge for Intrum uk finance limited 

stupidly i didn't realise it was dated 26th October, so I will not be able to reply within 30 days but post!

it was for a Halifax cc

originally owned by moorcroft in 2018 then by antrum from 18/7/19.

i sent a CCA request to Moorcroft end of 2019 and received reply early Jan 2020.

acknowledging receipt of CCA and requested files from client.

also stated they are not seeking enforcement.

received a huge package of statements from 2012  to 2018

with a covering letter saying please see copy of bill/statement/breakdowns/agreement

i cant see any terms and conditions or my signature of setting up card agreement etc?

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me in terms of what choice i have for the PAP letter?

do I phone instead to be within the 30 days?

or fill it in anyway. If so what option do i select, is it that I dispute the debt etc?

NOTE -  I received the package from Moorcroft in April 2020. It was passed to Antrum on 18/07/20.

many thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Intrum/Lester Aldridge - PAP Letter - Re old Halifax Card Debt

post 2 here

The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims is made by the Master of the Rolls as Head of Civil Justice. 1st Oct 2017 - Legal - Consumer Action Group

because the claimant has failed to full comply in previous requests.

never ever phone a powerless DCA

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100Uk

Thank you so much for replying.

Just to confirm:-

I am asking for another CCA, this time from Intrum and not Moorcroft?

letter was from lester aldridge, but they state in letter that reply form goes to intrum?

also can i put the cca letter request and £1PO in the same envelope or best to post separately?

Many thanks.

also does it matter about the 30 days please?

please go read the instructions of post 2 again carefully upon what to send to whom.

forget moorcroft they don't buy debts and should never have been replied to in the 1st place

our pap reply form goes to the solicitor

the CCA goes to their stated client on the letter of claim

and they

Thank you.

it is making more sense now.

However one issue is the PAP letter says  to send to intrum?

'you must return the reply form and standard financial statement to our client(intrum full address)

within 30 days from letter date?

instruction on post 2 says

staple the £1  PO to the CCA request and send it to the debt purchaser

return the completed PAP form below to the solicitors that sent it to you

attain free proof of posting for BOTH at any PO counter

1st class mail will do. recorded is a waste of money.

best to send it to both?

they mean the i&e sheets they sent..you dont use those at all.

do as post 2 exactly says.

and they

• 1 month later...

open

and they

the CCA itself looks to hold all the required prescribed terms mind.

but no DN nor NOA yet from the rested other docs in the PAPLOC reply list.

its interesting to note the letter states .....

we will continue with our efforts to recover the outstanding monies due and owing.

efforts being the interesting word...not court.

IMHO yours is not the next move.

and they

Thank you.

As I saw my signature on the form etc, I thought that was it for me in terms of fighting this.

But of course I do not have the knowledge you have concerning terms and conditions points you made, and I don't understand DN and NOA.

It may be best for me to wait to see what comes my way next from them, as you have pointed out.

I guess it may be another PAP form, or even court!?

ive merged all the CCA return to your earlier post

default notice and

Notice of Assignment are yet to be seen ?

and they

They would also need to send another PAP anyway as they are out of time. I'd not be surprised if Intrum were just looking for people who didn't reply to the PAP, in order for them to gain an undefended judgement. Best just to do nothing, let them make the next move.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 6 months later...
  • Andyorch changed the title to Intrum/Lester Aldridge - PAP Letter - Re old Halifax Card Debt Court Claim received.

Topic moved to Financial Legal Issues Forum in view of the court claim received.

Please read the following link and follow the instructions...copy the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice on how to proceed/respond to the claim.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

I have replied below with the answers from the question list:-

Name of the Claimant ? INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED

Date of issue –  5TH JULY 2021

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – 

1.THE CLAIMANT IS THE ASSIGNEE OF A BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC DEBT IN THE SUM OF 1200 ASSIGNED ON 28/06/2019. STATUTORY NOTICES OF ASSIGNMENT WERE SENT TO THE DEFENDANT.

2.THE DEBT IS A CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT FIRST OPENED ABOUT 18/06/2012 UNDER REFERENCE ***********.

THE DEFENDANT USED CREDIT FACILITIES.

3.ON 17/04/2018 THE ACCOUNT DEFAULTED WITH AN OUTSTANDING BALANCE OF 1700.

4.THE CLAIMANT AND ITS PREDECESSORS IN TITLE DENMANDED REPAYMENT OF THE SUM DUE. IN BREACH OF CONTRACT THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO REPAY THE SUMS DUE.

What is the total value of the claim? 1400

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?

RECEIVED LETTER OF CLAIM 26/10/20. REPLIED 26/11/20 REQUESTING CCA, DEFAULT NOTICE, STATEMENTS, INTEREST, ETC.(AS PER PREVIOUS MESSAGES #9 WHICH INCLUDE REPLIES).

ISSUE IS THE DEBT WAS OWNED BY MOORCROFT BEFORE INTRUM. MOORCROFT SENT THROUGH LOTS OF PRINTED STATMENTS, BUT NOT INTRUM.

RECIEVED NOA FROM INTRUM 18/07/2019, BUT NO DEFAULT NOTICE .

I MAY HAVE RECEIVED ONE FROM MOORCROFT THOUGH, WHICH I CANNOT FIND, AND WAS NOT SENT AGAIN BY iNTRUM. RECEIVED LETTER 05/01/21 FROM INTRUM TO SAY AS THEY HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ME SO WILL INSTRUCT SOLICITORS TO COMMENCE COURT PROCEEDINGS.

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Give answer here

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? i HAVE MY MAIL FORWARDED FOR THE TIME BEING VIA ROYAL MAIL.

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?  CREDIT CARD

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? AFTER 2007

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? ONLINE

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? YES

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DEBT PURCHASER

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?  yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? YES

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? NOT SURE

Why did you cease payments? GOING THROUGH A SEPERATION, NOW DIVORCED.

What was the date of your last payment? WAS ON A STEPCHGANGE DEBT PLAN AND PAYING SMALL AMOUNTS, COMPLETLY STOPPED AROUND EARLY 2020.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? DEFAULTED WITH ORIGINAL CREDITOR THEN WENT THROUGH STEPCHANGE.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? YES, STEPCHNAGE.

hi ya

we dont need to see the claimform nor the NOA

please remember to use PDF only as docx has all your pers details in file info/properties so ive removed them. for your safety.

On 25/11/2020 at 23:55, dx100uk said:

forget moorcroft they don't buy debts and should never have been replied to in the 1st place

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
 then log in to the MCOL Website
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
[BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ]
click thru to the end
confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
.[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/

type your name ONLY
Do Not sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

and they

Hi, thank you for your response and advice.

I have managed to respond via MCOL as per your instructions and will now look at sending the  CPR  31:14 to solicitor as well.

Can I ask if worst case scenario do not manage to defend, but do pay can a CCJ be avoided, as I am not sure how it works. I have ready within a month?

Many thanks

Thank you for advice regarding sending files, and not sending .doc files.

you've been here 2 yrs now, you must have picked up upon the mantra CAG is predominately self help.

you need to get reading up on 

card claimform 

there are 1000's of like threads that are already here.

use our enhanced google search box.

you will be defending the claim regardless to everything to date and run the claim through to the end, you never know what they might or might not do like discontinue.

should the very worst happen and they get judgement, if the sum is paid within 28days the CCJ will then not show on your files.

do NOT miss your defence filing date whatever you or they do or don't.

and they

• 11 months later...

Hi

I have an active small claim open from the county court with Intrum Finance limited as the claimant.

Can this be struck out by the latest judgment  

Idem Capital Securities Limited v Webster in which the legislative provisions, the legal framework and the submissions of Mrs Connolly were considered.

Although not a binding decision this latest Judgment is a second persuasive Judgment, after that of Her Honour Judge Sykes in Idem, that creditor/assignees who are not authorised by the FCA are not authorised to, and therefore under statute should not commence legal proceedings against consumers in respect of regulated consumer credit agreements.

What does this mean for (all) defendants who are being pursued by Intrum UK Finance limited via the courts, as they are not FCA approved?

Would be interested in your thoughts and especially your experiences.

Many Thanks.

No it sets no precedent. You should already know this.

If i wanted to be critical, your post is rather like an advert.....

Fill out our court claim sticky, tell us about your claim please.

and they

Thanks dx100uk.

No, it was something I came across while researching for my own hearing next week.

I didn't completely  understand the implication of it so wanted to share to ask if it may help me and others in the same boat with a small claims court hearing with Intrum UK Finance as the claimant. 

isthis your claim?

and they

Hi, yes it is.

We are the stage where we have the court hearing next week.

They have the NOA, statements, etc, the issue I will argue is the Default notice, which I have only received a reconstituted copy of, not the original.

They did not send the DN until the last minute as part of there witness statement (reconstituted).

They have included a screenshot of the banks default screen which only shows my DOB and default date.

The default date is different to the default date on my credit report by a couple of months as well, so have argued that on my defense too.