Cabot/Ruthbridge/Capital One

Sirbob00
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question regarding Cabot.  

I believe it’s for a Capital One Credit Card taken out December 2010.

No payments made since April 2014.  

There is a default registered on my credit file dated October 14, 2014.  

I’ve ignored all the standard letters from them regarding the debt but is it likely they can still take me to court regarding the debt.  

It’s for £568.  

Thank you.

Statute baring of 6 years runs from date you failed to make a payment due.   So I guess you failed to make a payment in May 2014, therefore statute barred from May 2020.

Doubt they will issue a Court claim at this late stage for that amount, if they were mistaken that the statute barred status was from October 2020.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you.  I was trying to find out if the statute bar was from the missed payment or from the default date but all I could find is from the date a creditor had cause of action but I’m unsure of what that actually means.

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot and old Cap1 Card debt

run with defaulted date unless you can prove cap1 took months to register it.

pers i'd not respond until or unless you get a letter of claim

as long as you've informed cap1 or cabot in writing if you've moved since taking it out.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi.  

yes I informed Cabot that we’d moved and the correct address shows on the credit file.

Can I just ask.  I was trying to find where I’d read after the default expiring 14 days after the date it’s recorded.  Is this correct.  So the recorded date is the 14th October but they would have until the 28th October to make a claim.

That’s correct, always assume the default date if the last payment was made before them. That said at this stage it’s supremely unlikely that they will do anything.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 months later...

I’ve received a letter today from Cabot Financial saying that as they’ve been unable to reach an agreement with me they’ve passed my account to a company called Ruthbridge.

It’s regarding an old Capital One credit card which doesn’t show on Credit Karma, Clearscore or Equifax and Experian has my credit score at 998.

I believe the last payment was in April 2014 and I wrote to them in Jan 2020 to advise of our correct address apart from that I’ve never called or acknowledged any letters.

Has anyone heard of Ruthbridge as it’s a company I’ve never heard of before.

Many Thanks

just another business within the cabot group.

its now SB'd so send cabot our SB letter...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No ..its goes to Cabot.....Ruth are part of the same group but not the legal owner (Assignee)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If the address differs then yes send it to them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Why?

Read the template!!

and they

Im sure it states on the template " [PRINT OR SIGN YOUR NAME DIGITALLY]

Emphasis on the " DIGITALLY "...so not by hand

Thank you.

I was using my iPad and it wouldn’t let me change anything but I’ve asked my husband and he’s done it on his laptop.  Sorry for being an idiot.  I’ve spent the morning having chemicals pumped into a helmet I’m having to use to fumigate student bedrooms and it’s obviously gone to my head.

• Like 1

I’ve sent off the SB letter first class recorded delivery.  

I have just printed my name digitally but was wondering do they have to accept it without my actual signature.  Can they be awkward about it?

why do you have to sign it?

they don't even know What your sig looks like...

there is no requirement 

pity you wasted moneu on signed for ...all you needed was a 2nd class stamp and free proof of posting from any PO counter.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

I received a letter from Ruthbridge today in regards the SB letter I sent.

it just says that after liaising with their client (Cabot) the account has been returned to them in order for them to deal with the matters raised.  It also says the account with them has been closed and I’ll receive no further communication from Ruthbridge.

Then it finishes by saying that our client will be in touch with you shortly regarding the issues raised.

So now I have to wait for Cabot to get in contact with me.

doubt it .

they'll drop it like a hot brick.

damn we got caught trying to fleece someone for our xmas drinks party bill on free money from MUGS.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Don't lose any sleep over Cabot. They can say anything they want in future but can't change the fact that it's now Statute Barred.