Barclays getting serious

steveruss1973

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help??

I am now at the point where I have sent my LBA and have recieved their letter saying they will offer me a part payment etc...

Obviously I requested the whole amount so won't be settling for this. I have read the FAQ and am now in the process of filing a court claim.

In my previous letters i have not included interest. Could be me being stupid but do i include them along with the claim form to the court now?

Also in the brief details of the claim do i just outline that i request monies owed to me, and then use the letter by bankfodder in the particulars of claim.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the process of trying to get monies owed to me from Barclays. I have followed all procedures to the letter from this site and have filed a court claim now as they would not settle.

All dates have been adhered to and now the 14 days are up for them to file a defence. the last day was 30-11-06 and today i have recieved a letter telling me Barclays have filed an Acknowledgement of Service on the 29th November.

This makes the 27th of Dec their deadline. Has anyone else had to go this far before? Will they settle out of court ? Has anyone had to go to court, and if so do the banks turn up?

Can anyone help ??? I'm thinking of pulling out at this stage if it gets anymore serious...

Steve

Dear Steve - I think most of us that have taken on Barclays have had to go this far. I don't believe that Barclays have actually gone so far as to turn up in court. From reading the threads in here they usually pay up before the court date. That said you have to be prepared to go to court and when i was at this stage i began to sort out my court bundle, which can be found in the templates library. Sorry can't do links! I would just say in my opinion you will get your money back - so don't give up.

Best wishes Sandbag.

Hi Steve,

Don't worry. Read the FAQ's and follow some threads and you will see that Barclays are acting as per the norm. You can find the court bundle here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Print it off and take some time to read through and index etc. Any questions? Just post them on here and someone will help.

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

Thanks Sandbag for the advice, I knew this was not going to be an easy ride and was not in it for a quick payout. I think that the banks make enough money and we as the general public should get some of this 'extortionate' rates being charged, back.

It just gets a bit more serious when it gets down to the final stages and the nerves start to go. Still I will hang on in there and go the distance.

Also thanks to Simpson for the link to the basic court bundle. Even though it seems that no bank has gone all the way and settles before court it is always best to be prepared.

Thanks for the info. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Hi there

Worry not and keep going! I know how you feel.

I also am at the end stages of the battle!

Barclays entered a defence at the last minute so I had to continue with the court process.

I am about to send a letter to the court requesting Judgement by default. My court date is set for 3rd January and I had a deadline to submit particulars of claim, which I did - Barclays have not replied! They had 14days after 30th October. So, we are pretty much down to the wire.

Good luck