Problems with Car purchased from Fast Motor Finance Ltd - and Advantage Finance

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi.   Is it these people?   https://www.fastmotorfinance.co.uk/used-cars   HB

Just had a email from the Customer Service Advisor saying that 'When an independent report is completed Advantage Finance are not required to provide the full report to the customer and is provided at

The standard that is expected under the consumer rights act is that the car be of satisfactory quality in the opinion of a reasonable person – this is always taken to mean an ordinary person who doesn

So I see that you are mixing and matching your sources of help. This is really not a good idea and too many cooks spoiling the broth springs to mind.

We are putting in quite a lot of work here try to help you and if you then go ahead and take advice from elsewhere it can put us into difficulty because advice might clash or even conflict.

Of course no problem at all, you using Which or anywhere else – but I think you ought to decide where you are going and stick with it

Hi BF, I have taken on-board the advice you added and made some changes.

Would it be worth pointing out that they the garage did not responded to our last letter ?

I write in compliance with the practice direction on pre action conduct.

On the 9th September 2020 I entered into an HP agreement with Advantage Finance to purchase a Ford Kuga 2013 registration xxxxxx.
Within less than 2 months and a total 1500 miles the car developed a gearbox problem.
The Manufactures of the vehicle , Ford have confirmed in writing that the gearbox must be serviced every 35k.
The service receipts that were supplied with the car show that the first two services have been correctly carried out but paperwork for the most recent service is missing.
Ford have confirmed that the most recent service was only for the engine and not the gearbox as recommended by them. 
Ford have also confirmed that a failure to service the gearbox correctly at the required internal is likely to produce exactly the kind of failure that we have experienced.

It is clear the vehicle is not of satisfactory quality and that you are in breach of your contractual obligations.

Your breach of contract is a fundamental breach and require the contact to be terminated and we are released from our obligations under it.

Accordingly I require that you make arrangements to collect the vehicle, terminate the finance agreement and to refund all the monies that have been paid under that agreement.

Additionally, in reliance on the contract I have incurred additional losses – in particular the expenses associated with taxing and ensuring the vehicle and I require the reimbursement of these costs which are now wasted.

No I wouldn't bother