P2G/ Hermes i've issued a Court claim over missing iPhone@£190 - appalling customer service and intimidation tactics.

Zorks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am taking P2G/Hermes to court.

They ‘lost’ my phone.

I have just had mediation which was not successful with them first offering £66, then £100, then £110 and finally £120. I refused.  

My phone was sold for £190 and I have also paid £25 to file with small claims and the delivery fee.

They used the ‘you didn’t take our insurance’ line which I replied that I should not have to pay for insurance in case they do not do what I paid them to do.

They did not complete their side of the agreement and deliver my parcel.  

It was scanned at my door and never scanned again.

I questioned that with their state of the art tracking it can vanish without a trace.

They then threatened that they have won all their cases where insurance was not taken and advised me to settle.

I refused.

I have no problem going to court as I feel that these companies are never held to account for not doing what we pay them for.

will keep you informed what happens as I can see I’m not the only person fighting P2G/ Hermes 

• Sad 1

Its good to hear your experiences, sorry that they are not taking responsibility, its so frustrating isnt it?! Please keep your thread updated, it will be so valuable to others in our situation (including me).

Questioning them is right, they appear to be behaving as if they beyond reproach, which they are not, their cocky 'can't touch me' attitiude, will be their fall.

I am taking P2G/Hermes to court.

They ‘lost’ my phone.

I have just had mediation which was not successful with them first offering £66, then £100, then £110 and finally £120. I refused.  

My phone was sold for £190 and I have also paid £25 to file with small claimsand the delivery fee.

They used the ‘you didn’t take our insurance’ line which I replied that I should not have to pay for insurance in case they do not do what I paid them to do.

They did not complete their side of the agreement and deliver my parcel.  

It was scanned at my door and never scanned again.

I questioned that with their state of the art tracking it can vanish without a trace.

They then threatened that they have won all their cases where insurance was not taken and advised me to settle.

I refused.

I have no problem going to court as I feel that these companies are never held to account for not doing what we pay them for.

will keep you informed what happens as I can see I’m not the only person fighting P2G/ Hermes 

As I research this, there are hundreds, maybe more ‘lost’ parcels.

There are also parcels that have been sold by auction after being ‘lost’.

These are not their parcels to sell, they are ours.

Where does the money go from the sales? 

I cannot help thinking that my phone was stolen as it never left the van as was never scanned again after leaving my house.  

If it had gone to a distribution centre,

it would have been scanned on the way into the system.

These companies are really doing whatever they want without consequences.

It’s not even about my lost money anymore,

I want my day in court. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum. You made it!

Please would you post up your claim form in PDF format so that we can see exactly what you said.

Of course read around the threads on this sub- forum about Hermes – although you have probably done that – and once you have posted up your claim form – and their defence as well pleased in PDF format, we can start to give you some advice if you want it.

I see that the mediation failed – maybe you can tell us a little bit more detail about how it went.

• Like 1

I am having difficulty attaching defence document,  I have saved it t desktop but it will not save as PDF 🤔  it does not want to appear to want to save in anything that will upload.  I'm usually OK on computers, honestly. 

• Sad 1

Deponent: 
On Behalf of: Parcel2go.com LTD
Exhibits: 

16th October 2020

IN THE COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE            Claim 

BETWEEN

Claimant

and

PARCEL2GO.COM                       

Defendant

DEFENCE

I, say as follows: -

⦁    I am the Asset Protection Officer, employed by the Defendant. I am duly authorised by the Defendant to make this Defence on their behalf.

⦁    The facts and matters set out in this statement are within my own knowledge unless otherwise stated, and I believe them to be true. Where I refer to information supplied by others, the source of the information is identified; facts and matters derived from other sources are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

⦁    We take orders via our website.

THE DEFENCE

⦁    Claimant booked and paid for a service choosing Hermes UK Collection for a UK to UK collection and delivery service. The parcel in question was booked on 14th May 2020.

⦁    Upon choosing the service listed above the Claimant has an option to choose a zero-protection service or a standard £20.00 protection service. Claimant chose the £20.00 standard protection against loss or damage.

⦁    During the booking process, the Claimant is required to enter the contents and the value of the goods: Parcels:"iPhone 7 128GB" (16x9x6, 0.5kg - £190.00). Upon entering the value, a pop-up message was received

which read as follows:
“Your parcel value is higher than the £20.00 Parcel Protection. Don't get caught without enough protection should the unexpected happen.

Yes, I would like to protect my £190.00 parcel against loss or damage for £8.50 exc VAT.

No, I'm willing to risk my £190.00 parcel. I'm not worried about potential loss or damage.”

⦁    The Claimant chose ‘No, I’m willing to risk my £190.00 parcel against loss or damage.’ After selecting this option the booking process continues, this includes entering the collection/return address and the delivery details, prior to paying for this service the Claimant is then required to accept the Terms and Conditions, once the Claimant accepted these another pop up message was received which states:
“You Haven't Fully Protected Your Parcel
To increase the protection to the full value for your order it will only cost you £8.50 exc VAT extra.
 1. Amount of Protection
Your order is currently only covered for the value of £20.00, even though your order’s total declared value is £190.00. We strongly recommend that you have full protection cover in case of loss or damage. Also please note that you are responsible for certifying the true value of the parcel's contents.”

⦁    Again, the Claimant chose the option ‘No’ meaning this item was then sent on this service with only a protection of £20.00 against loss or damage.

⦁    Parcel was collected on 15th May 2020 and the last scan was also listed on 15th May 2020.

⦁    On the 22nd May 2020, the Claimant started a claim for loss via their online portal, a description of the goods was sent to the courier and an investigation started for loss.

⦁    On the 16th May the Claimant contacted the Defendant via the live help facility and explained an enquiry was started but the Claimant had not heard anything, the operator explained that the investigation is underway and that the Claimant will be notified via email once this is completed.

⦁    Confirmation that the goods could not be received was sent, this claim was changed from in Enquiry to Claim for Loss required, the Claimant would have received requests for the required evidence to be uploaded against the claim.

⦁    Claimant was not happy with this being confirmed as lost and wanted this to be investigated further as they believed the goods had been stolen.

⦁    On the 24th June 2020 the claim for loss was approved and an offer of settlement was made for £20.00, this is the protection purchased at the time of booking, once this has been accepted a refund of the carriage fees will be automatically processed.

⦁    Claimant rejected the offer made and explained that the goods were stolen and a full investigation would be required, the offers were remade a further 6 times over the course of June and August, each time this was rejected, when the offers were remade the operator remaking these offers explained that as protection was only for £20.00 this is the maximum that would be offered.

⦁    Claimant was still not happy with this and rejected the offer one final time, no further response was made until the court case was received.

⦁    When booking this order, the Claimant is required to accept the Terms prior to paying, the Claimant agreed to this and in particular the following sections:

The Extent of our Liability

6.4 We shall only be liable for damage or loss caused to you if it is caused by our negligence, breach of duty or other wrongful act or omission, and only subject to the limitations set out within this clause 6 and clause 7.

6.5 We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for:

(a) any direct or indirect loss (including, but not limited to loss of profits, or loss of goodwill); or

(b) any other special or indirect losses, costs, damages, or claims which do not arise naturally as a result of our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission.

The Limitation on the Amount of our Liability

6.7 If we are liable to you for any reason, we shall (subject always to clause 7) only be liable to refund to you the cost paid for the Service(s), unless you have purchased Parcel Protection for your Consignment from us. 

⦁    The Claimant has no real prospect of success as liability is excluded by the Defendant's standard Terms and Conditions which were agreed by the Claimant.

⦁    The Defendant knows of no other compelling reason why the case or issue should be disposed of at court.

⦁    The Defendant seeks no costs.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true.

Signed:

Date:16th October 2020
Asset Protection Officer

tripe

so because a user doesn't select to protect their goods, it's ok to not take care of said item whilst in their possession.

good luck with that defence.

hey guys it's ok to damage. lose. destroy. or nick this package as all it will cost us it £20!!....i think not says the judge.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am getting prepared to point out how millions of customers are being tricked/conned into supporting their diabolical service where they appear to be able to help themselves to anything they want without consequence, and the things they do not want, they sell and pocket the money.  If I win this case, I would like everyone who has ever had a parcel 'lost' by P2G/Hermes to very publicly take them to court.  😀.  Some of the excuses they come up with, if they bother to give an excuse are unbelievable. 

Edited by Zorks
spelling mitakae
  • Like 1

Has a date been set for the hearing you? 

Also, I think that you should start looking through this website but also the Hermes complaints group on Facebook in fact there are at least two or three of them and start taking some screenshots of people with identical sounding problems to yours. A dozen or so maybe even two dozen would be very useful as part of your bundle of documents and we will help you refer to them in your reply to the defence and in your skeleton argument if you would like your help on that.

We we also have a collection of hermès PDFs on this subforum somewhere but I'm afraid I can't quite remember where they are at the moment.

I do not have a date yet. 

I did mediation

I explained to the mediator that they did not complete their part of their contractual agreement as I paid them to deliver a parcel and they did not deliver it. 

That they were negligent and could not show me that they took due care of my parcel. 

I also asked them to explain why I should be charged insurance in case they do not do what I paid them to do? 

All they came back with was

I had every chance to purchase their insurance and

as I did not, they are not liable,

they said that this has been to court before and they have won as it is clearly stated that as my parcel was worth more than £20 I should take out insurance. 

They initially offered me a settlement of £66 as a good will payment,

I refused

they then offered £100,

then £110

then said that their final offer would be £120. 

The mediator asked what the lowest offer I would accept was,

I said £190 which is what I sold the phone for,

they said they would not go this high and again said that they would win in court. 

I said that I would take my chances. 

It's almost not even about the money anymore, I will have to pay some more to the court but I will do this. 

The details of this case will be told to anyone who will listen.  

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to P2G/ Hermes i've issued a Court claim over missing iPhone@£190 - appalling customer service and intimidation tactics.

I still wish we could see exactly what you had claimed. I'd like to get much more detailed account of the conversation between you and the mediator.

I'm a bit surprised that Hermes rejected the situation for something of such low value and am sorry to say it may be something to do with the way that you put across your points – or maybe the arguments that you focused on.

I think it will be worthwhile understanding as much as possible, what your claim was about and what went wrong so that we can address those matters when it gets to court.

Don't forget that there is still a chance that they may settle before the hearing. If it goes to the hearing then we need to make sure that you are as fully equipped as possible to make your arguments to the court in a convincing way so that you come out having established important principles against Hermes.

They have a lot to lose

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toysandgames said:

Hi - I am having a serious discussion with HermesParcels and am at that point where legal action is next!

This is my video of the damage to my parcel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3gqj1hwQbo&t=161s

Please would you start a new thread and tell your story there and we can help you. Joining an existing thread only confuses things for everybody who might want to help.

Also, you say that you having a serious discussion with Hermes – this is not possible. Nobody ever has a serious discussion with Hermes about anything because they don't take anybody seriously until the court papers are issued.

Please start a new thread

• Like 1