• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Evergreen Finance/Moneyboat PDL - Court Claim Received ***Claim Struck Out***

Gracelands
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh ok i thought it being with the OC was a bonus as it doesn't work on sold debts subject to a court claim, ..

but if the owner still has it and they agree something was wrong with the lending process, they would be able to reduce say the outstanding on the consent or wipe it out totally?? as they are still god in both cases..the claimant and the owner..

if thats not so...would it be useful to let the claim take it natural course for a while an see if something comes of it before the last opportunity to consent passes?

i can't objectively see much of a change of the OP succeeding in the court claim can you?

although they don't appear to have abided by PAP not appear to have issued a DN etc.

get CCA/CRP running ...see where it goes...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would be submitting a defence irrespective as it buys extra time to evaluate all options...Mediation/ Consent Order.

You can always throw in the threat of ILRC when or if you try to negotiate a settlement figure...but this being the OC they hold all the cards and do not need to reduce anything.....failing that then it proceeds on the invalid points you raise and you take your chance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andyorch/dx thank you for your assistance its very much appreciated.

Just so that I know that im singing off the same page could i clarify:

So i leave the IRL? "You can always throw in the threat of ILRC when or if you try to negotiate a settlement figure"

CCA/CPR31.14 already sent,

I cant find a CRP to get that running?

Should i not contact Money boat regarding a consent order

Sorry to keep asking but the total claim is for the total loan amount £600 and has not taken into account of a payment of£150?? does this have any bearing on the claim?

Go for submitting a defence, could the above be added to the defence? "I would be submitting a defence irrespective as it buys extra time to evaluate all options...Mediation/ Consent Order."

Thanks G

On 24/11/2020 at 22:06, Gracelands said:

date to submit defence = 18 Dec 

thanks andy so 9 days 

usual defence with mention they have failed PAP and to supply DN etc then

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 24/11/2020 at 22:40, dx100uk said:

please note your corrected dates above.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
 then log in to the MCOL Website
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
[BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ]
click thru to the end
confirm and exit MCOL.
get a CCA Request running to the claimant

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/

Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed

get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
.[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/

on BOTH type your name ONLY
Do Not sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

cpr was here on the 24th!^^^

so you've not sent it?

dx

and they

14 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

thanks andy so 9 days 

usual defence with mention they have failed PAP and to supply DN etc then

Yes post it here and give me a nudge nearer the time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

47 minutes ago, Gracelands said:

I cant find a CRP to get that running?

so you did send it then ok good

i was puzzled by what you meant by CRP.

and they

its the age you know..

have a look around at the holding/no paperwork defences that are in many loan claimform threads

use our search top right

or our enhanced google search box.

dx

and they

Hi Everyone hope you are well. I am getting a tad nervous now as time is ticking on. I have been looking at other similar threads to assist me with my defence. I am not very good at these kind of things but i have attempted to give it a whirl. Could you give me your advice on the defence i have drafted which i will submit on Thursday 17th. Hear goes:

1. Evergreen Finance London Ltd claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by Moneyboat.co.uk. The defendant failed to abide by the terms of the contract.

2. By a regulated credit agreement made between the parties on 09-03-2020 the claimant agreed to advance the defendant the sum of £400.00 and the defendant agreed to repay the sum together with interest over 4 instalments. In breach of the agreement the defendant has not paid the agreed instalments and the account was placed into default on 14/08/2020 despite numerous requests for payment. The Defendant has not paid the Claimant the sum of £600.48. The defendant therefore owes therefore claims the amounting sum of £649.87 including charges and interest for missed payments.

3. The claimant claims interest under section 69 0f the county courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% yearly from 14/08/2020 on £649.87 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate.

Defence

The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Defendant entering into an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim for an amount of £649.87.The defendant admits entering into a short term agreement for the sum of £400.00 plus 4 months interest totalling £600.48 from Moneyboat.co.uk . It is denied the claimant has served any Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law & Property Act 1925.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied the Defendant has made a payment towards the amount agreed to be repaid which has not been calculated or taken into consideration. The claimant failed in a request for assistance in finical difficulties during the ongoing Covid pandemic. The Claimant has not served a Default Notice pursuant to sec88 of the CCA1974 or followed any Pre Action Protocol in an attempt to resolve this matter and is put to strict proof thereof.

3. The claim is disputed with regards to the Defendant owing the amount of monies stated to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for;

© show how any breach occurred and a valid Default Notice was issued,

(d) show how it has legal assignment of any alleged debt.

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the full amount of money is owed.

Thanks G

let me check it properly tomorrow.

Particulars of Claim for reference only

1. Evergreen Finance London Ltd claim this amount in respect of an unpaid loan funded by Moneyboat.co.uk. The defendant failed to abide by the terms of the contract.

2. By a regulated credit agreement made between the parties on 09-03-2020 the claimant agreed to advance the defendant the sum of £400.00 and the defendant agreed to repay the sum together with interest over 4 instalments. In breach of the agreement the defendant has not paid the agreed instalments and the account was placed into default on 14/08/2020 despite numerous requests for payment. The Defendant has not paid the Claimant the sum of £600.48. The defendant therefore owes therefore claims the amounting sum of £649.87 including charges and interest for missed payments.

3. The claimant claims interest under section 69 0f the county courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% yearly from 14/08/2020 on £649.87 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate.

Defence

The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

2. Paragraph 1 admitted .The defendant admits entering into a short term Pay Day Loan agreement for the sum of £400.00 plus 4 months interest totaling £600.48 from Moneyboat.co.uk . It is denied I failed to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the agreement.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied the Defendant has made a first payment of £150.13  towards the amount agreed to be repaid which has not been deducted or taken into consideration. The claimant rejected a request for assistance during the ongoing Covid pandemic pursuant to the UK Government Legislation at which time I was placed on Furlough by my Employer.

3.The Claimant has not served a Default Notice pursuant to sec87 of the CCA1974. 

Need for default notice.

(1)Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,—

(a) to terminate the agreement, or

(b) to demand earlier payment of any sum

4. The claim is disputed with regards to the Defendant owing the amount of monies stated to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for;

(b) show how any breach occurred and a valid Default Notice was issued,

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the full correct amount of money is owed.

6.By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Thanks for the amendments Andy.

Do i submit this now and get this rolling or wait and use the allotted time lines don't want to do something that may not be right and waste days that could be used in the defence stage.

Thanks G

Go now....I assume you are not waiting for any responses.....CPR /CCA requests etc etc.....

2 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Go now....I assume you are not waiting for any responses.....CPR /CCA requests etc etc.....

Ok Andy ill do it now. No only other email response i have had is telling me that "as this is now at Money claim stage i need to settle the ballance as soon as possible can i advise when i can pay i have to pay the full amount"!! 

Do I need to prepare anything once the defence has been filed or will i get a response from Evergreen asking for payments or other suggestions?

Thanks G

Nothing.....see if they wish to respond to the defence and if they wish to proceed with the claim...then the court will instruct you further re allocation.....directions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hope everyone is safe and well.

I have had notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track (N 180 form). I will get this filled in and sent of to the courts (4th January deadline). I think a copy is also required to be sent to Evergreen finance? Can I email a copy to Evergreeen?

A1 = yes

B = self explanatory

C= yes

D1 = My nearest local court?

D2 = no

D3 = no

D4 = no

Agree to mediation = yes

Enough information = yes

Should i be going the full distance and see if Evergreen sand payment to court and turn even up or will this take me to the mediation stage or do Evergreen have to agree with this? if not will my defence hold up at the court stage?

Thanks G

they will mediate i'm sure.

and they

Hi just before posting out N180 should I leave my mobile contact number on the copy sent to Evergreen and just give it to the courts just confused in case I get bombarded with calls from Moneyboat!! Read up on other threads and not sure what mediation I should be going for or will Moneyboat dictate what they will be willing to accept?

thanks G

Your choice...but as you have said you know what might happen if you do. There is no requirement to supply all your contact details on the claimants' copy.