Quick speeding question - 37mph in a 30mph zone - whats likely to happen?

kjun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys as a non driver I am just looking for advice regarding Notice of Intended Prosecution (?) that my other half received and the likely outcome.

The letter stated 37mph in a 30mph zone and asked for information such as who was driving, licence number etc.

She has completed this confirmed she was the driver and sent it back.

Is this likely to result in a court appearance or are there other potential outcomes?

Not sure it’s relevant but she currently has a clean licence although I suspect not for long....

`many thanks

Kjun

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that DX if I am interpreting it correctly this would suggest 3 points and a fine don’t suppose you know if this would be done on paper or an appearance at court?

Not sure if magistrates hearing are being done remotely at present all the civil county court ones I’ve done for the last 6 month have been by telephone or CVP 

No no no!  😃

Provided the offence was not in Scotland and that she has not done one in the last three years, she should be offered a course for that speed. It will cost her about £100 and a bit of her time (they are held online at present). If she doesn't fancy that, a fixed penalty (£100 and three points) is the alternative. Only if she rejects both of those will the matter go to court. Even then it will be dealt with by a "Single Justice" on papers only. She would not have to attend. This is the normal process and has nothing to do with Covid.

• Like 1

Hi no it was in England so at least it is good to know those are the options and presumably they will write to her at some point after they receive her response to the letter they sent offering one or the other?

if you accept the awareness course does that negate the points but not the fine?

Thanks for your advice in advance 

• dx100uk changed the title to Quick speeding question - 37mph in a 30mph zone - whats likely to happen?