Marston visited for a debt owed by a Limited Company which closed 2 years ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Friday had a visit from Marstons.

I did not answer the door and was unaware they were bailiffs.

I had in the letter box a notice of removal for a limited company that according to companies house closed 2 years ago. I have lived there 1 year..

I called Marstons who said they would collect the debt! and I had to prove I was not linked to the company and the debt was still collectable even though the company was dissolved..

The Creditor London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham would not take my complaint as I am not a resident and would not answer questions as I am not linked to the limited company.

No notice of enforcement has been sent..

Can anyone please help me with how to proceed here. I have a car parked outside and having read about Marstons am worried. Neighbours told me there were 2 people taking the car details.

I am worried they will take the car and would like to stop future visits.

Edited by SD007
Day Incorrect

As a third party with no connection to the debt, you don't have to prove anything, as you are entitled to live peacefully in your own home without being bothered.

But to avoid hassle, it may be worth sending Marstons  a letter by recorded delivery including a copy of any document( council tax, tenancy agreement, landlord/letting agency letter)  confirming when you moved in, who is resident and that nobody resident in the house has any connection to the debt they are chasing.   

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Definitely do as above and should they call again, only speak to them through an open window and hand over a copy of your council tax which shows you as the resident.

Do not open the door to them as they are harder to get rid of than a half empty bottle of Cinzano at the end of a party.