DPD dispute regarding parcel posted from the UK to Australia. Shows as being delivered - **Settled**

TT2020
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, if you are happy with that then go ahead. You are going to claim the declared value plus the delivery costs.

Now draft a letter of claim. Not too much narrative. Just get to the point. Tell them what you want. Tell them that you want it in 14 days. And tell them that at the end of 14 days you're going to send them the good news

Am I looking in the wrong place?  https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf

1 INTRODUCTION 1.1

This Protocol applies to any business (including sole traders and public bodies) claiming payment of a debt from an individual (including a sole trader).

The business will be referred to as the “creditor” and the individual will be referred to as the “debtor”.

This Protocol does not apply to business-to business debts unless the debtor is a sole trader.

TTL is the business – the creditor / Parcels2Go Ltd is the individual – the debtor.

Parcels2Go Ltd is NOT a sole trader, so how can this Protocol apply ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry if Im not understanding - was this link to a link for suggested letter from Business to Business?

I had used this link as suggested above but it doesnt seem to apply when a business is seeking action against another business?
https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf

Not sure how much details to put in - even though I totally understand it should be kept short. Will try, and add here. 

Edited by TT2020

use the examples in the threads on cag that i posted that link too

100's here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just send them a standard letter of claim – give them 14 days.

Maybe you haven't read my previous post where I flagged up the points that you have to include.

Thanks, yes, have taken on board everything said and included- was just wondering if there was a standard protocol for B2B action.

Regarding the deceptive practices this was an interesting response from someone when I had asked to speak to someone more senior. He has investigated and sees that it is 'powered by' Parcel2go.
And that parcel2go requested - and yet DPD Local is the trading name of Parcel2go.com Ltd. He speaks as if separate entities. 

Perhaps the fact that Parcel2Go.com Ltd trading as DPD Local Online seems to be trading as separate entities is part of the reason i did not get the information required to contact the local courier and find out where the parcel was?

I booked the parcel with them - and proving the service with reasonable care and skill should include providing the customer with tracking from start to finish. How can the company we booked with, and who chooses who to use to deliver, say they have no direct contact with the courier company they use (thats false - when we book through parcel2go.com they always give us UK to Australia tracking number AND AU to AU tracking) 

Since Sept when the non delivery raised by our customer they havent given us the AU to AU tracking. That has nothing to do with non signatures on delivery.     

Is any of this relevant for the claim? 

Ref: .....

Good Morning,

A copy of your correspondence has been forwarded to myself for further investigation.

At the outset please allow me to apologise for the failure to successfully deliver this package as was scheduled. We certainly appreciate the significant inconvenience caused by this failure in service, and we continue to apologise for the undoubted difficulties that have resulted from these unforeseen events.

I can confirm the www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk website is hosted by Parcel2Go.com Limited and having investigated this matter, the service is powered by Parcel2Go.com and unfortunately we do not liaise with the final courier directly.

I understand you have requested information regarding the final courier, which at the same time Parcel2Go.com requested to DPD, but I am afraid the courier confirmed the delivery, however informed there was no proof of delivery due to Covid restrictions.

As the courier confirmed the delivery, but the recipient disputing this, we have created the claim back in November. I can confirm the offer was correct as the protection of the parcel is only for £50.00, however this was increased to a £100.00 as a goodwill gesture, the offer still stands without prejudice should you wish to accept.

I must advise we are not members of any dispute resolution service.

May I conclude by offering my unreserved apologies once again both personally and on behalf of Parcel2Go.com for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards
S H****

I have a sense that you are being over-complicated about this.

Draft a letter of claim – and post it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your help. I wrote again and offered to settle out of court if they increased the 'gesture of good will' offer -- which they did - and after court filing cost am only now down a relatively small amount, which I am putting down as 'a life lesson'.

However I am looking into the issue of deceptive practices and submitting to trading standards as well as writing a blog about it. There is some really dodgy stuff going on, separate to this parcel issue.     

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased that you got a good settlement.

I'm afraid I don't think you'll get anywhere with the deceptive practices and trading standards line. However, writing up your experience in a blog will be a good idea because it might bring it to the notice of more people.

If you think you can give us a plug in the blog then of course would be very grateful.

• BankFodder changed the title to DPD dispute regarding parcel posted from the UK to Australia. Shows as being delivered - **Settled**