VCS Spycar PCN now PAPLOC - no stopping - Southend Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] 

1 Date of the infringement 11/01/2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

Original: 17/01/2020

FINAL REMINDER: 17/02/2020

DEMAND FOR PAYMENT: 04/03/2020

FINAL DEMAND: 19/03/2020

Uploaded Original PCN only to avoid confusion initially.

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE  PDF- follow the upload guide]

3 Date received

Initial PCN around 20/01/2020 (unsure now)

Latest 'FINAL DEMAND' 25/03/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? 3 photos showing 2 seconds of evidence. Car is stopped at a zebra crossing 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]  No- following advice on this site

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services limited 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southend Airport-Essex- No stopping zone 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here As above-

FINAL REMINDER: 17/02/2020

DEMAND FOR PAYMENT: 04/03/2020

FINAL DEMAND: 19/03/2020

Hoping for help to battle this!

My other half went to Southend airport to pick someone up and about a week or so later we received this. 

Following advice from this group which I found I let the letters pile up.

Obviously I am up to 4 letters now- see attachment.

I know I need to wait for a letter before action etc before replying. 

I have not appealed, I have not named a driver.

There was a 'Final demand' in between as listed but I had to delete pages as the PDF is large.

Really hope to contest this.

The car was stopped at a pedestrian crossing and yes, the passenger stood outside the car to ask a person crossing over whether they were the person we were collecting- (my OH was collecting his boss's friend).

As you can see from pics- the car stopped for 1 second.

Literally!

I'm currently holding out but getting to the point where I need reassurance that the letters I'm receiving aren't LBA.

Thanks,

NKM

docs1.pdf

100's of no stopping threads here

read a few I think you have 

do NOT APPEAL.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In short, the airport byelaws cover this and as POFA not applicable there is no keeper liability and you dont have to name the driver. This means that when they applied for the keeper details they had to tell lies to obtain them and that is something that may well come back to bite them in the long run

but in the short terms you ignore their demands and read up on VCS and parking at airports, railways etc so you start to understand why their claims are just rubbish apart from the  breaches of the GDPR.

They rely on bullying and deception to make a living

What they have sent you isn't an LBA, so stop worrying.

What a bunch of no-hopers.  First a Final Reminder.  Then a Final Demand.  What'll it be next - a Final Insistence in final very very dark red writing?  Relax till the LBA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks, I am aware to wait for the LBA.

I just wanted to share finally as it is starting to get to the 'super big red writing'.

I know from all of your previous advice that the 'red writing' is meant to be SO SCARY and threatening etc etc. Rubbish!

The only reason I am ignoring it all at all is through finding this forum and reading up.

I have an email filled with great information ready to post off to them when I get to LBA stages with a mixture of different people's contests and so on.

Thanks for the great advice.

I shall be donating to the site when all is said and done, as you (hopefully) will have saved me a lot of money.

Thanks, I'll keep waiting...

I would stick to our brief snotty/insulting letter.

don't go mentioning things you don't need too as it can be used against you later as they'll know all the cards you will be playing.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Received the letter before claim today.

I know I need to reply with a snappy letter but do I send back all of these forms they have sent?

Is the snappy letter sent after an LBA

I haven't received an LBA- only this LBC.

In all the posts I've read I've never heard anything about the standardised forms being included.

Am I now at the point where I need to start writing a defence for court?

I have read so many posts and seen SO MUCH advice from a lot of different users, it's hard to make sense of it sometimes.

Many thanks,

NKM24

new doc 04-09-2020 10.47.58_20200409105322.pdf

You simply send the snotty letter

and they

Hi.

Yes, it's snotty letter time, have a look at other VCS airport threads to see what other people have sent. 

Don't send back their forms, I think they could be a trap.

It's up to you if you start preparing a defence, you haven't had court forms yet. And maybe they won't go that far.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Don't bother at all with their forms, if you do it will encourage them to have a go with court the snotty letter is telling them they have no case, no locus to ground a claim as is not a parking Incident, Bye Laws etc  plenty of ericsbrother's letters in VCS airport threads. Keep it as acidic as possible.

Just pop it up as pdf first before sending it, by post with free proof of posting from PO counter, not email never use email with fleecers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

there is a new post today where someone saw off gladdys and UKPCS quoting a persuasive case regarding the differemce between stopping and parking. The IPC doesnt know the difference or pretends that they are the same because their members are the cavemen of the parking world and it is what they want to hear.

By sending a short response telling them that you know they are just full of wind and water may not ultimately stop them from suing but so far they havent won a properly defended claim so they are desperate to show you that they are big tough ex-clampers and arent afraid to lose money just to show you who is the more stubborn.

Let them but they will know they are rumbled by the content of the letter.

Even the use of the salutation Dear Simple Simon will give them all the information they need to know that

So- after trying to 'ignore' this issue to enjoy my Easter weekend I have sat down to join together various letters I have read from these forums. 

I have tweaked slightly in order to not sound repetitive but please just let me know if it's too much/not enough etc etc (as I'm sure you will..)

Attached as PDF, also below:

Re – Parking Charge Notice at Southend Airport.

Dear Simple Simon,

I will not be paying your demand.

As you know, there is no liability in this matter because the land at Southend Airport is covered by its own bylaws and, as such, I do not believe you can offer a contract to the public nor make a civil claim in a private name therefore meaning that there is no locus standi to institute proceedings. The signage is prohibitive and therefore is not an offer of a contract so none has been breached.

You have broken the law by lying to the DVLA to gain my details. You have breached GDPR to unlawfully process my personal details due to the aforementioned bylaws.

On top of this the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum of £100 for a Notice To Keeper so your demand for £160 is pure swill.

As I know VCS has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you discontinue this threat and that way you will at least obey the SRA rules of conduct and obey Civil Procedure as well. I know that may well be a new way of working for you.

Should you decide to continue then I shall be asking for a full cost recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and then seek damages for a breach of DPA (2018) and GDPR as per VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC dec 2016. I shall also write a letter to my local MP detailing your unreasonable demands.

Yours faithfully,

PCN southend airport NKM24 PDF.pdf

• Thanks 1

Hi.

I'm not sure about the mention of the SRA because as far as I'm aware, Simple isn't a solicitor. The experts will be along later though, please wait for them.

If you're going to start the letter with his name, it's 'Yours sincerely' at the end.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks, honeybee- 

I will wait for the others responses.

I was trying to stay away from solicitor bits as I've read plenty of posts which say to remove..

I looked everything up as I went too and still managed to leave that in.

You are right- it needs to go..

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS Spycar PCN now PAPLOC - no stopping - Southend Airport

Maybe delete the SRA

as such you cannot offer a contract to park, as its a prohibition a contract would be impossible to form.but then VCS and understanding actual Law e is an oxymoron.

Otherwise looks OK, I'm sure the experts will be along as HB says soon. You have the gist of it for sure.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

that was originally sent to a firm of solicitors who VCS used before no-one would touch them with a bagre pole.

If you send that as it is it will be clear that you havent thought about what you are saying  but just cut and pasted a stock letter.

By all means send it but suitably edited

replace the lines with

As you have been spanked at court for the very same thing several times it is obvious that the only reason for continuing with this action is to abuse the civil process in an attempt to coerce me into paying money that isnt due. This will earn you a full costs recovery order etc etc

Thanks, ericsbrother.

As I said to honeybee- I deliberately tried to stay away from mentioning solicitors- I've read so many posts and know it isn't relevant. Luckily that's why it's great that I can ask for all of your expert eyes to have a look first.

I'm really grateful for all of your help- I know this can be fought but it's still new territory..

I am going to post today- after doing the last necessary edits- unsure if the Post Office is open due to COVID-19- that's where I'm headed first for POP but I may well have to film myself clearly posting into a post box!! I can't think of any other way to prove..

• Thanks 1

This site  https://www.postoffice.co.uk/coronavirus-help-support  shows if post office branches are open or closed (well, supposedly!)  A free Certificate of Posting from the post office would be the normal port of call, but i see you've sorted out an emergency Plan B!              

Archive and save that video off the phone as well with the time and date in the file.

• 6 months later...

I couldn't find a way to reopen my thread and I couldn't use the message function as I have uploaded less than 11 items.

So here I am on a new thread, apologies if I have missed something to reopen the old one.

I hope you're all well and coping in this current climate- we're now in Lockdown 2.0 and these VCS guys are coming back at me.

I read somewhere that every 6 months or so they dig out old unresolved cases and have another go... 

I have now received ANOTHER LBC. This is my second.

This time it isn't from VCS' legal dept but instead is from ELMS legal.

Threatens a CCJ.

No supposed forms to fill in like the last one (which I did not do) so definitely feels more threat than potential action..

Do I need to send ANOTHER snotty letter?

If so- do I just send the same one (minus Simple Simon) to ELMS legal?

Cheers,

NKM24

20-11-20 Letter before Claim.pdf

• FTMDave changed the title to VCS Spycar PCN now PAPLOC - no stopping - Southend Airport

Yes, you need to send Snotty Letter 2 to Elms Legal.  Just send what you wrote before ...

... although maybe take the wee wee even more by pointing out you stopped at a zebra crossing, to make it even less likely they will take you to court.

How about adding, "The car was indeed stopped at something called a "zebra crossing" where stopping is obligatory under the Road Traffic Act 1960 as well as other legislation otherwise the driver would have committed "murder" which is quite a serious offence under the Homicide Act 1957 and other laws".

Edited by FTMDave

Hello @FTMDave

Thanks for merging the threads.

I figured it would be the same response again- I'll dig out my last copy of the old letter, re-date and send with proof. 

I wondered previously if I should mention the zebra crossing- but left it out of the generic response as I didn't want to fluff it up!

I'll put that in there with a snotty remark of some sort. As if they would ever easily be able to prosecute someone for stopping at a crossing..

Cheers!