• Tweets

• Whats the MP for each card? Lets see what we can do for you.
    • I think I just need to know what options are out there and how they work with pro's and cons. 
    • Hello Peterbard.   Thanks for the reply mate.   My 0% rates have ended on all the cards and that's why I am now unable to pay the minimum payments. I have been careless and irresponsible and it has caught up with me.    I am in no way looking for a way to avoid not paying anything. I am Happy to work with the creditors or whoever it may be and get a positive resolution.    As for the credit rating as it stands I have missed 7 payments since October over the 6 cards. It isn't great as it stands. I am a home owner with a mortgage and that will be up for renewal in a few year so that will be the biggest thing in relation to that. We are on a fixed rate as it stands and would be looking to move on to another fixed.    Mortgage of around 130k and property around 160k.    Thanks again 
    • Hi IFR Many people have been in your position so try not to let it play on your mind. It can be sorted in a variety of ways, dependant on the outcome you want.   An IVA is seldom in your best interests  especially if you own your own property   You 0% cards will eventually come out of their initial period and you will stuck with interest on them also. So now is the time to develop a plan   If you want the creditors to stop pestering you immediately you could start a debt management plan, we can help with that There are several downsides to this  and although I used to advise this whole heartedly,   recent developments now make the idea less attractive.   Chances are you will end up with a trashed credit rating for six years whatever you do.  Is this a big problem for you?            
    • I am reading your post because I have a similar issue with unreasonable charges.  Researching the issue on line   . I found the following article Emma says... (breensonline.co.uk)    In a nutshell a legal loophole currently exists such that the freeholder can recoop legal fees from the leaseholder even if the leasholder wins the case!!! (Sometimes this amounts to '000s of £'s)   The government are going to address this yet if you have a court case prior to the change in the law  (I have)    if a leasholder who has been overcharged, wins the case then has to pay the freeholders legal fees is unspeakably unjust.    Please keep me updated how you get on.  I feel like i am in a noose with these guys no justice even with the courts!   
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Location not as described and owner screamed that we are never getting a refund @emblefarms

I've just checked - I think that you must be mistaken ...😉.

I hope that the OP hasn't simply copied and pasted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dictation software?   ”you reneged” rather than “urinate” ??

Dear Consumer Action Group, thanks so much for all of your help. The claim went to mediation and some of the points that you raised in discussion earlier in this conversation (i.e. that the text messa

They have replied and said to refer to their previous email which said that they would not be issuing a refund. So it is now step two. Perhaps I could respond with some like the following:  

You had better let me know what that is because I'm not aware of it. You may well be referring to a claim for a debt rather than a breach of contract.

Let me know what you are referring to – but probably the response will be that you should simply send the letter

good. In that case just send the letter. Make sure that you have registered on money claim online then you are prepared to issue the claim 15 days after the letter of claim has been received

• 1 month later...

Dear Consumer Action Group, thanks so much for all of your help. The claim went to mediation and some of the points that you raised in discussion earlier in this conversation (i.e. that the text message constitutes an amendment to an existing contract) were particularly helpful and we negotiated a settlement through the mediation service of the courts. Donation to support your website has been sent. Many thanks again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for giving us this update. Many people don't bother.

I hope that the mediated settlement was satisfactory to you. Are you able to disclose what it was?

And thanks very much indeed for the donation. We need everything we can get.

In fact I just responded to you by email – that what would be very helpful even if you can't disclose the settlement here, would be if you would possibly give us some bullet pointed notes about the mediation and how it went.
I'm particularly interested to know if you came under pressure from the mediator to make compromises.
What with the various stages of the mediation?

I think this information will be very useful for others

Also, we would be very pleased if you could post up their defence – in PDF format.

Thanks