ParcelHero help

Danban
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent a parcel using Parcelforce via ParcelHero.

The addresse that the customer supplied refused delivery and the parcel has been returned to my address but despite giving my phone number both have failed to notify me of this issue At the time and now ParcelHero are trying to charge me additionally for the cost of returning the parcel after delivery was refused.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your email.

The tracking scan shows that the courier attempted delivery on 11/11/2020 at 12:19 but the receiver refused the delivery.

I'm afraid no refund is due.

Unfortunately, the returns are chargeable and the return cost for this shipment would be £15.84 inc VAT.

We have sent you an invoice to settle the return cost for this shipment.

Please do settle it as soon as possible and confirm once done, you should receive a payment link within the next 4 hours.

I look forward to your confirmation.

Kind regards

Joseph Moore
ParcelHero® Escalation Team

What's in the parcel? What is its value?

I'm afraid that the amount of money they are looking for is so little that it may not be worth making trouble over – although I do find it all a bit difficult to believe.

This doesn't mean that I'm supporting them – but I would say that your best course of action would be at least to reduce the problem as much as possible by getting the parcel back into your own possession and then deciding what to do afterwards.

Why did the receiver refuse delivery?

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

What's in the parcel? What is its value?

I'm afraid that the amount of money they are looking for is so little that it may not be worth making trouble over – although I do find it all a bit difficult to believe.

This doesn't mean that I'm supporting them – but I would say that your best course of action would be at least to reduce the problem as much as possible by getting the parcel back into your own possession and then deciding what to do afterwards.

Why did the receiver refuse delivery?

Hi,

I have received the parcel back from Parcelforce but ParcelHero now want the privilege of charging me Additionally for the return of the parcel.

The addresse was a click and collect shop nominated by the receiver as he has had parcels left and stolen off his doorstep.

I can’t see how they can charge me for the return of the package?

Thank you, but you aren't addressing the questions.

I asked you why it had been refused – and you haven't told us.

I asked you the value of the contents – and you haven't told us.

It's a bit difficult to make headway and to give you some helpful advice if you won't answer the questions

The value of the parcel was £50 (I have no idea why value matters?) I have had no explanation why the nominated shop refused to accept delivery of the package on behalf of the person who wanted it delivered there.

The issue I have is that I paid £14 to have the parcel sent and parcel hero now want to charge me an additional £15 for the returning of the parcel which got delivered to me on Monday?

I hope that helps?

So you are saying that it is not the recipient who refused it. The parcel shop refused to accept it in the first place. Is that correct?
The message from them which you posted in your opening post refers to the "receiver" having refused to accept the parcel – and this suggested to me that it was the addressee.

The address I got given was to a shop with a collection point so the recipient could collect the item from there.

The shop refused the accept the parcel and Parcelforce returned the parcel to me.

Parcelhero who I booked the Parcelforce 48hr delivery through are now trying to bill me extra for the returning the parcel to my address - please note the parcel is now back in my possession.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

Edited by Danban

Okay. It makes sense now – although on the other hand, it doesn't make any sense at all. Why on earth would the parcel shop refuse? Does this mean that the addressee visited the parcel shop only to find that the parcel wasn't there?

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Okay. It makes sense now – although on the other hand, it doesn't make any sense at all. Why on earth would the parcel shop refuse? Does this mean that the addressee visited the parcel shop only to find that the parcel wasn't there?

Correct, he informed me and upon looking on the tracking details it shows that the shop refused delivery. I have no idea what the shops reason was for refusing this. The item in question was a guitar hardcase sold on eBay.

The part I’m miffed about is how ParcelHero can charge me a second time for returning the parcel back to sender (Me)

I have no idea if they can do this and what my rights are? I know I may have to potentially swallow the initial cost but have been invoiced a parcel return cost which I’m reluctant to pay.

Edited by Danban

ParcelHero’s latest response

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your email.

The tracking scan shows that the courier attempted delivery on 11/11/2020 at 12:19 but the receiver refused the delivery.

Unfortunately, the returns are chargeable and the carrier charges us for return so we have no choice to pass on the cost to our customer.

We have sent you an invoice to settle the return cost for this shipment.

Please do settle it as soon as possible and confirm once done, you should receive a payment link within the next 4 hours.

I look forward to your confirmation.

Kind regards

Joseph Moore
ParcelHero® Escalation Team

Well they can't charge you again. They are sending you demands, but for this kind of value they won't even bother to follow it up. It's not worth their while.

If they did happen to take legal action against you – which is 99% impossible – then of course you would counterclaim for your 14 quid back.

What concerns me is how to get your 14 quid back.

I suppose that it was the addressee who paid for the purchase and the delivery so you are not even able to make a chargeback against your own bank.

It would cost you £25 to sue them – and on the basis of what you say, you would win – maybe you would think it's too much hassle. On the other hand, you can be pretty certain that they will put their hands up rather than fight it and you will get your 14 quid plus your court fee.
But to recover 14 quid, I suppose it's a lot of effort.

Let us know what you would like to do. We happy to help you whatever your decision.

In respect of the email which you just post above, I would send them this

Dear Joseph

The delivery was refused by your own parcel shop – nothing to do with me or with the addressee. The addressee visited the parcel shop to collect the parcel and found that it wasn't there because the parcel shop had refused it.
But what this means is that I paid you £14 to deliver a parcel to a click and collect shop which then refused to accept it.

Far from me paying you the cost of returning the parcel to me, I would like you to pay me the £14 that I spent in the first place getting it to the click and collect parcel shop.

Yours sincerely

Thanks for your advice, I shall opt to ignore their invoice for payment of returning the parcel.

I paid for the courier out of my own bank account if that helps?

If it comes to it I’ll swallow the original charge but won’t be paying the new invoices one.

Thanks for your help so far.

Edited by Danban

I don't know who you calling – Joseph.

Anyway, if you're saying that you don't think you are going to send the letter that I suggested – then that's fine. On the other hand, you might end up writing to a real person who is prepared to look at this carefully and you never know you might even get your 14 quid back

Just now, BankFodder said:

I don't know who you calling – Joseph.

Anyway, if you're saying that you don't think you are going to send the letter that I suggested – then that's fine. On the other hand, you might end up writing to a real person who is prepared to look at this carefully and you never know you might even get your 14 quid back

Sorry, I’ve got his name on my mind .

I am going to send the letter as I’ve got nothing to lose. 

Many thanks and I’ll keep you updated.

Okay good luck. I expect the letter will come to nothing but at least you have laid your marker down and you have a paper trail.

I suppose that they would take any action and they won't refund you – but they may well stop pulling into procedure and sending you various threatening letters. Keep everything they send you and keep us updated.