British Gas Default Notice - Not Received Copy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a long few years of many stresses, I've just got round to checking my credit file which i knew was going to be bad but didn't know a default was on there from British Gas. I have contacted British Gas and filed a complaint on the basis of never having received the default notice, they replied quite quickly within 7 days attaching a copy of the said default notice for my reference, i am very organised with my paperwork and have genuinely never seen it before. 

The focus question i would like to ask, is whether the default notice attached is in the correct format a creditor is required to send it in? I've got a copy of another default notice from a credit card (paid before they applied it) and it references "....the consumer credit act of 1974" whereas this British Gas isn't the same - does this give any warrant and fight for me to reply saying although the letter wasn't received, i wasn't given the correct notice of default even if it was?

Thank you.

Done a bit of digging on Google, i have learnt that a default notice should comply with the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) in particular schedule 2(2) points 1-11 which sets out the statutory form that a Default Notice must follow for it to comply with S87 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. In my case there is no bolded header with the title

'Important you should read this carefully'

'Default notice served under section 87(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974'."

I would therefore assume in this early stage that the so called default notice attached failed to comply?

What are your thoughts?

Default Letter.pdf

it's not CCA regulated..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no they can issue a default without one.

they don't need to tell you but they did.

your theory is not a way to remove the default.

they are not required to abide by any format nor settle by date rules

but they have so...

what date was it and why is it a problem?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...