Loss Adjusters valuation ???

onestressedwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help

My son had an accident last week his insurance company came back to him this morning making an offer of £4100

This is at least £1500 less than the cost to replace the vehicle  on speaking with them she wasn't even looking at the same specification vehicle.

She came back quickly and said £4200 I said no then after an hour she came back to me and said the absolute maximum she will give me is £4500

Where do we go from here ? It is so much less than the cost of buying an equivalent vehicle.

I suggest that you send them an SAR in order to get all the information you can about the way they handled your case and how they reach their decision.

Additionally, you should now start doing some extensive research in order to find the prices of equivalent vehicles in equivalent condition/mileage – et cetera.

If you can produce suitable evidence to show that they are undervaluing the cost of a replacement vehicle then you will be able to go forward. I'm quite sure they are undervaluing it – this is what insurers do. They generally speaking expect people to accept their valuation because they need the money and they want to get on.

If you are prepared to suffer delays and to gather together a good file of evidence – then you will be able to move the offer upwards – and maybe even to the exact replacement value that you want.

I think you'll find that most insurance companies tend to rely on the fact that people need the money in order to replace their vehicles quickly and therefore they are prepared to cave in and accept less than they are entitled to

BankFodder

There are no other cars like his for sale in the uk.

He had an Audi A3 black edition 3 door tsfi 1.8  - its a special edition. ITS RARE

The only nearly comparable vehicle is the 5 door version

If he accepted this he would walk away with £3550 (thats with me and his dad paying the whole insurance premium as they will not take DD payment now. for him to pay us monthly)

And I note from this they are asking for the £1600 which includes the credit agreement charge which should be deducted now shouldn't it?

Oh My 

OSW

Well you've already referred to the cost of replacing the vehicle as at least £1500 more than the offer. So you must have some evidence for this.

Also, maybe you are going to need to get an independent valuation – or even two of them.

I'm afraid that the extra money won't be forthcoming without you producing evidence. If you have to get independent evaluations then you should put the insurer on notice that you disagree and that you are going to get independent valuations and if it is shown that you are correct in your assessment then not only will you be expecting them to pay the full value of the vehicle – but also the costs which you have incurred in paying for independent valuations.

Maybe there is an Audi owners club or something where you can get that kind of expertise

Who said you can't have one? Have you got evidence of that?