Link Financial Student Loan pre 1998

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping someone can help me please!

I took out a student loan in 1997 and have not really thought much about it as I thought it had  been deferred and was due to be cleared.

Not the case!

I have just been made redundant and decided to go  back into education only to find that my student debt was sold off to Thesis and is now being "managed" by Link Financial Outsourcing.

I have not heard anything in 15 years regarding this loan as I have lived overseas and travelled around the country. 

I was under the impression that it had been referred and thought it would not be a problem getting funding. 

This is not the case and the SLC are saying that in order to get funding I will need to pay back the outstanding funds in full. 

However,  they do not know what this figure is and what additional charges have been added onto the account.   

I have called Thesis and they have said that the debt is nothing to do with them and is only managed by them. 

SLC cannot confirm how much I need to repay, or if, once the debt has been settled I would be entitled to any funding!

I am more than likely going to have to drop out of my course because the funds need to be paid in full and I do not have the resources to pay them.   

Is the debt now ongoing because I have contacted them and updated my information hoping to continue my education? 

I am worried that they are now going to start hassling me for payment. 

From what I have read the debt is not enforceable because it is so old. 

But now I have updated my information does that mean I am now liable again.

Any advice would be really helpful.  Thanks 

should explain everything

just diff players 

but in a nutshell SLC are sadly correct.

now if you have to pay it back is another matter mind.

but sadly you are between a hard place and a brickwall

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...