MCE Portfolio Advice Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im new here and just after a little advice please. 

I got a letter from MCE Portfolio for a sum of £3021.41 for someone that used to live at our house with us, but left 9 years ago.

The debt is in her name for something to do with Clydesdale Bank/Yorkshire bank.

To cut a long story short, they put a charge against my house, because her name was still on the mortgage.

I was going through some old paperwork and seen it was dated 2013.

I am thinking about contacting them to see if I can pay it off to get the charge removed before I re-approach her to remove her name off my house.

As I read on the letter that it will be accruing interest every year.

I'm now frightened to see how much the sum would be now.

I contacted them at the time to tell them that she left etc.

Im just trying to work out what to do for the best.

Kind Regards

Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

Is this someone connected to you...ex ?  For her name to be on your mortgage ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, My wife owns the house, it was a friend of hers, before I met her.

There should be a covenant stating my wife owns 75% and she had 25% share, but the solicitor is no longer in business,

I contacted the SRA and they don't know where the paperwork is, so we are in a conundrum, etc.

probably only a restriction k surely so totally worthless to anyone?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, FriendlyAdvice said:

To cut a long story short, they put a charge against my house, because her name was still on the mortgage.

On a jointly owned property, unless the debt was also jointly taken by the same joint owners - it is a restriction k.

which is all but useless to whomever placed it or has now bought the CCJ/CO .

UNLESS the other joint owner agreed to a voluntary charge?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410486-lowell-interim-charging-order-from-credit-card-debt-2009/?tab=comments#comment-4912902

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406428-remortgage-issue/

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416393-advice-required-re-charging-order/?tab=comments#comment-4986593

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Couple of points....

Is the mortgage now paid off or is it still running ?

You say you will approach her so obviously you know where she is and still in contact...have you not given MCE Portfolio her details ?

Charging Orders/Restrictions do not accrue interest..its simply a means to secure the judgment (CCJ) against this person.

You state the debt was in connection with  Clydesdale Bank/Yorkshire bank....therefore any debt with them will be regulated by the CCA1974 and Post Judgment interest is not applicable..(Unless stated within the T&Cs of the credit agreement ) the amount outstanding should be the same as the Judgment amount awarded in 2011.

Even if it is stated within the T&Cs of the credit agreement that post judgment interest is applicable...which I very much doubt....a separate court claim would have to be issued to claim any accrued interest.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi, My wife finished the Mortgage off around 5 years ago, but her mate had also taken out a secured loan, in both their names in 2004. Me and my wife have just paid it off (Swift Advances), otherwise we would have paid the original amount about 3x.

At this moment in time, no I do not know where she is, but I will have to probably pay to find her.

When I found her myself last time which is around 7 years ago, I informed MCE Portfolio, and Also Swift Advances (Secured Debt) of her new address and her workplace.

When she upped and left in 2011 I also contacted the police, etc., they came to see my wife, and said there's nothing they can do, unless she takes out anything else on the address in both their names after she had left etc.

I have to deal with it all, because its making my wife ill, she put £10k down originally from a house she owned in the 80's, to purchase the one we live in now in 1988/89. The friend was kicked out of her parents, my wife put her up at her mothers, then put her name on the mortgage to get the house back then. my wife has been kicked in the teeth so to speak.

The MCE Portfolio letter reads;

Account type: Unsecured Loan, 60 months, etc.

Closing balance £3021.41

No contractual interest is payable on the amount outstanding

Interest is however accruing on the sum outstanding under the Charging Order obtained against you in respect of this debt, and will continue to accrue, at the rate of 8% per annum.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, etc., Means a lot, when you don't know where to turn.

but her mate had also taken out a secured loan, in both there names in 2004.

Without your wife's knowledge ?   So the Charging Order is in both names ?

Hi, The charging order on the MCE is in her friends name only,

Back in 2004, I come across some paperwork and found out my wife had been giving her the money to go and pay the mortgage and she wasn't. Said friend said I will get a loan to pay off what I haven't been paying on the mortgage,

little did my wife know that she had done it through Swift Advances for a sum of £28k, me and my wife were baffled all these years later, when I requested paperwork and saw the amount that she had borrowed.

Yet we have no idea what happened to the money, she didnt drive or wear flash clothes, etc.,

unless a lot of the money was swallowed up in her account by charges etc., we will never know.

Well she no longer resides there ....inform the Land Registry to update your deeds and remove her name.The debt follows the debtor...it does  not stick to bricks and mortar. 

12 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Well she no longer resides there ....inform the Land Registry to update your deeds and remove her name.The debt follows the debtor...it does  not stick to bricks and mortar. 

Well I suppose its worth a try, got nothing to lose by sending a letter.

Thanks

Failing that inform MCE the same and tell them to remove the charge...they will track and trace her.

Failing that inform MCE the same and tell them to remove the charge...they will track and trace her.

Please dont tell us your wifes name is on the credit agreement and CCJ ...otherwise the above is pointless.

46 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Please dont tell us your wifes name is on the credit agreement and CCJ ...otherwise the above is pointless.

IMG_20201117_141825.jpg