Lowell Solicitors statute barrred Mobile Debt claim ***Claim Discontinued***

Gordo52
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been contesting a more than 7 year old mobile phone debt which Lowell Solicitors brought against me. They harassed me for months and would not accept that the debt was statute barred, but also couldn't provide any evidence to support their claim, saying that this was not available/not necessary. A court claim followed, which I defended (with thanks to inspiration from reading other peoples similar experiences on this forum) and today I was delighted to receive the confirmation below that the claim has been discontinued.

For anyone else in the same situation I hope this gives you some encouragement to keep going and stand your ground. They're entire business seems to be in buying old debts which they know cannot be recovered, but they harass and intimidate people until they pay up. 

MCOL.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this. It is very helpful to know about this kind of stuff even if you haven't received direct help from us on the forum.

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell Solicitors statute barrred Mobile Debt claim ***Claim Discontinued***