Cancelling Direct Debit Mandate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently set up a direct debit mandate for a new mobile sim 30 day contract.

After I set this up I realised that the data allowance was too low and I phoned up to mobile company to cancel my contract.

There was no problem and the mobile company informed me not to cancel my direct debit for 3 months because if I did, this it would affect my credit rating. Is this correct?

no

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if the do then the ICO would be very interested in your case.

i will gather you cancelled within 14 days and this was an online or remote contract sign up, not one in a store P2P?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:rockon:

and they

You've been here since 2007 so you have read our customer services guide and you record all your calls.  That's a good start - because you have been here long enough to have realised that you must protect yourself in all of these kinds of dealings.

This means that in addition to having recorded your calls, you will have put everything in writing so that you have a paper trail.

Well done.

Although it won't affect your credit rating, just imagine that the phone provide has cocked things up and has not recorded properly that the contract is terminated.  Imagine then that they wrongly try to apply the DD next month and the payment is declined.  Imagine that they then rise up and do what they do best which is to treat you like a pariah and put you into some kind of debt recovery procedure?  Imagine that they then unjustly mark your credit file and you have no evidence to support your position that you did indeed cancel the contract.  Imagine then that you have to spend months or years fighting them to correct their error.

Luckily, because having been here since 2007 you are well aware that these things can happen and you have taken steps to keep evidence of your dealings - these things will simply remain a piece of fantasy.

If you hadn't been prudent enough to take these precautions, you might have decided to leave your DD in place for a month or so just in case the Phone provider had made a mistake and at least you would simply be arguing about the return of one month's money rather than have to take action to try and repair your financial life.

You're a lucky person.