CLI Chasing Jamaica National Small Business Loan debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in one way it's a very bad thing and has been seriously compounded by wherever you seem to have been getting advice from since you came to the UK. this is backed up by the some of you comment here like i don't want them finding me, i don't want to give any real details.

the owner of a debt could quite legally pick any of your old address and quite legally file a court claim.

that's called  a backdoor CCJ and you'll know nothing about until High Court Bailiffs arrive at your door.

whatever a debt type, you should never be running and hiding in this predominantly computer age where information is so readily and easily available both ways.

the good thing is you can cut everyone's legs off and prevent the above, but you must ACT, not take 6 weeks to convince yourself sticking your head back in the sand is the best way, as it's worked till now and everything you've read till you came here supports your theory.

sadly there are 100's of backdoor CCJ threads here that prove otherwise.

so let's resit and go all the way back to the 1st 7days when you came here and the advice given.

send the debt owner an adapted version of our SB letter, let them work it out .

cant harm you, but legally gives then your correct address.

it's for the owner in court to prove a debt is NOT sb'd, not for you to prove it IS.

i bet that will be the last time you ever hear anything bar willy waving from CLI 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is,

the debt owner does have my current address in the UK as I gave them this in 2013 by telephone when I called them just after I moved house for threatening to publish my personal details in a local news paper and the internet.

They went ahead and did so anyway.

It would be light work to find these personal details on the internet if you know what to look for.

Apparently the contract that I signed at the time permitted them to do so.

I suspected that my rights (GDPR) were infringed upon by this act, but was not sure one way or another, so I never pressed it and let it alone out of fear.

Since this event, for the whole of 2014 I was receiving statements regarding the debt from the original owner consistently, but at that time, I assumed it was statute barred then since I had not paid for over 6 years and never responded.

Sometime during this period (my best guess is around 2014), while I was still receiving statements at my current address I called over the phone to let them know that I believed the debt to be SB'ed.

They claimed that it was not since I had

1) made a payment in 2013, and

2) they have an email from me with my name printed, admitting that I owned the debt and will arrange to pay them. They then confirmed my current address again.

Both these things they claimed would have reset the SB window.

At this time, I checked my old statements and as they claimed, there indeed was an anomalous  payment made to the account at this time.

I am absolutely certain that this payment could not have been by me as I was in the UK at the time of the payment and never left since I arrived, never authorized anyone to make payment,  nor wired them any payment towards the debt. 

As for the email, I did not at the time ask for proof of this, but am very sure that it could not have been mailed by me (It is this email that I am also worried about).

I have no way to prove it is not mine however.

Regardless, since this telephone conversation, their communication ended for a while.

That was, until CLI started contacting me. Bringing us to today.

My point is,

the original owner does indeed have my correct address as they have been using it for a while now to send me statements.

Never any threat of imminent court action, just statements. That is, until CLI.

now you tell us....

i wish you wouldn't keep playing teeth pulling with us.

ignore until/unless you get a letter of claim then.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No ...only the issuance of an actual court claim stops the limitations clock.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Afraid not...next you will be asking how can we make it snow on Christmas Day :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So are you saying I can get a court claim at any time from now, and there is nothing I can do about it?

There are no other intermediate steps CLI or the owner needs to do where I can push the time to action beyond 3-4 month threshold by slowing down or thwarting their response time?

All this considering that it is an international debt.

Don't these things take some time to process? :(

Possible...but if they have not issued a PAP pack before...they are going to be in trouble proceeding with the claim.....so we are back to start of this full circle...until you receive a PAP ...have a great Christmas and relax.

Please try....debt is one of the last things to ever worry about.....particularly at the moment with whats happening around us under the current climate.

1 hour ago, syphont said:

Is there any strategy I can use to achieve this goal?

you are already doing it and have been all along...ignore everything...

and they

One quick question:

Which is the better option in response to this threat:

"Our client has now instructed us to proceed through the Courts to collect the above debt. Unless payment is received within 7 days, we will initiate the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claim which applies to this matter. Hopefully  you will seize the opportunity to settle this matte ramicably to prevent the issuing of a Claim in the County Court and the additional Court fees and Legal costs that this would generate"

1) call them and ask for NOA and DOA and tell them it is SB'ed

2) write them and ask for NOA and DOA and tell them it is SB'ed

3) wait until I get the PAPLOC claims form and then do step 2.

It would also be helpful if you explained why the choice you said is the best one., as I try to wrap my head around all this.

Thanks.

Edited by syphont

You await the fictional letter of claim.

theyve said this so many times already

and they