• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CLI Chasing Jamaica National Small Business Loan debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

given the above, where might I find the legal framework that proves emails by themselves cannot reset a statute bar, especially when the email cannot be proven to have originated from me?

Edited by syphont

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you actually know what a Digital Signature is and how to do one ?

Anyway here is the Jamaican Limitations of Action....no reference to email acknowledgments. 

https://moj.gov.jm/sites/default/files/laws/Limitation of Actions Act.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can you please explain what a digital signature is? Can this not be as simple as typing your name at the end of an email?

If there is no evidence that the email came from me, can I deny it?

Edited by syphont

By this, my fear is that the creditor can just trump up some email claimng that I sent within the limitation period to make it seem as if I was in communication with them. Is this something that they can do?

This is especially true if a digital signature can include just my name typed. From what I hear, CLI is uncscruplous in their tactics.

Edited by syphont

were this a uk debt by a uk owner/creditor the likelihood of such an email would even be considered by a judge is an extremely remote possibility, there are no examples of an email solely winning regarding what might or might not be an SB'd debt.

your debt does not even originate from this country....

..all the bs has come from a dca that

is not even registered to trade in this country

has no fca approval

has no consumer credit licence

why you persist in worrying about this kite flying amuses me..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What I would like to know is, legally speaking, what reasong is behind a judge not  basing judgement on an email as proof of communication, alleged or real?

Are you saying that the clamiant would need to prove authenticity of the alleged email, or are you saying that they would need other pieces of evidence to support the idea that communication was made?

Could you please clarify? Preferably with some piece of legislation if such even exists?

Edited by syphont

27 minutes ago, syphont said:

Are you saying that the clamiant would need to prove authenticity of the alleged email, or are you saying that they would need other pieces of evidence to support the idea that communication was made?

both..go find what a judge said upon passing such a judgement ...i can't find one....doesn't exist..neither does this bogus debt...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's the whole point. I would like to find an example either proving o r disproving. case study, etc.

Until then, not finding one is not evidence of not being possible.

Should this be the case, is there anything I can do if the creditor alleges an email that I did not send to prove the alleged debt is still valid?

Edited by syphont

why?

what are you SOOO scared of here?

it can't hurt to send the SB letter

even if it's not SB'd it doesn't hurt anything and is not acknowledgement of the debt.

and they

An acknowledgement of the debt is something in writing eg ‘I Xyz acknowledge that I owe xyz x pounds’ in writing, with your signature. Or of course if you have paid them something, however tiny.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well, I definitely haven't made any payments to this alleged debt, and I have not sent them a signed letter within the past 6 years saying that I owe them "xyz".

Please don't think I am going around in circles. I just have not gotten a specific anwer to the original question:

The concern is the claim that I sent them a message one single time, using an address that was terminated several years ago. As it is no longer used. I have no way to verify whether this is the case or not. I have no idea of the possible contents of the message or if they indeed have a record of this possible communication. All I know is that from the fragmented knowledge I do have, it should put the SB'd timeline sometime mid next yea (by my estimate 4-5 months from now). This might explain why they are hotly persuing.

I understand the arguments put forward by many of the kind and helpful posters, however I am afraid I will need more than this;

1) either there is no physical evidence tying me to any alleged message sent, in which case I simply deny anything to the contrary and the debt is  rendered SB'ed.

or

2) In the event that I need to defend, I would very much like to to cite a specific instance in case law where this form of communication was successfully proven in a court of law to be insufficient to reset an SB.

The other thing that occured to me after reading the latest communication from the DCA is this: the DCA keeps refering to "their client", suggsting that they do not own the debt or possess a DOA. Do they even have a legal claim to be involved without either obtaining legal assignment or equitable assignment from the OC?

My understanding is that in a legal assignment of a contract, they are required to send NOA, whereas in an equitable assignment, they are not obligated to, but also cannot initiate any legal preceedings. The fact that I have not received an NOA, would put them into the latter category. In this case, it would have to be the OC that initiates the preceedings. What exactly should my next steps be when I do get a PAP from the DCA? Would this mean that the OC has initiated the preceedings? and If so, should I even be legally expected to communicate woth the DCA who has not proven they have a legal interest in the matter? Is it dangerous for me to ignore a PAP sent directly from them in this case?

I would also like to know if there is any way to prolong from reaching a court for as much as possible - atleast until the suspected SB window closes in about 4-5 months from now.

Edited by syphont

Just have to wait it out my friend, if a PAP letter comes there will be plenty of help here.

I suspect, however that you are in the clear.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

OK...

So in the mean time, as I prepare for the inevitable, I would be most grateful if any one of you could please instruct me on how to write a letter to the UK collector requesting the following without compromising my case, or encouraging them to continue their harrassment?

1) Proof that the debt has been sold to them (currently the collector is not regulated by the FCA and is refering to the original claimant as "our client") and that they are authorized to act on the claimant's behalf

2) Please note that the letter states "our clients have now instructed us to proceed through the courts in order to collect the above debt" - Does this mean that they are going through the procedures to buy off the debt cheaply? Is it true that they can only sue me for debt if they actually own the debt as they are not regulated to act on the behalf of anyone in the UK?

3) proof of notification of assignment and Deed of Assignment

4) proof of a default notice sent by the original claimant

5) proof of receipt of payment made by me on or around 2011 (I found an old statement showing that money was paid to the account in 2011). This would have been impossible since I was in the UK at this time, and NEVER made any payment. I have no receipt of this payment ever being made.

-If I could proove that I never paid in 2011 (shich I didn't since I was living in the UK and vener wired any mnoney to them) then the whole point is moot since it would have SB'ed in 2014

6) proof that the alleged email is valid as I claim that I never sent them one (could they me spoofing me). If I can prove this than the debt would be statute barred in 2017.

7) proof that the debt is not statute barred

Or does any of the above matter in defending my case? Is there anything else I should request from them? Should I even respond to them before getting the PAP, or will this hurt my case?
Edited by syphont
Add

OK...

So in the mean time, as I prepare for the inevitable, - what is inevitable?

I would be most grateful if any one of you could please instruct me on how to write a letter to the UK collector requesting the following without compromising my case, or encouraging them to continue their harassment? - you don't

1) Proof that the debt has been sold to them (currently the collector is not regulated by the FCA and is referring to the original claimant as "our client") and that they are authorized to act on the claimant's behalf - it hasn't been sold.

- Please note that the letter states "our clients have now instructed us to proceed through the courts in order to collect the above debt" -

Does this mean that they are going through the procedures to buy off the debt cheaply? nope

Is it true that they can only sue me for debt if they actually own the debt as they are not regulated to act on the behalf of anyone in the UK? - regardless to being regulated or not -  only the owner of a debt can raise a claim.

-proof of notification of assignment and Deed of Assignment - only if sold

-proof of a default notice sent by the original claimant - CCA doesn't apply to foreign debts

-proof of receipt of payment made by me on or around 2011 (I found an old statement showing that money was paid to the account in 2011). This would have been impossible since I was in the UK at this time, and NEVER made any payment. I have no receipt of this payment ever being made. - Jamaican sb is 6yrs? 

-proof that the alleged email is valid as I claim that I never sent them one (could they me spoofing me) - doesn't matter

-proof that the debt is not statute barred - not your problem

Or does any of the above matter in defending my case? - you aren't defending anything.

Is there anything else I should request from them? - nope.

Should I even respond to them before getting the PAP, or will this hurt my case? send our SB [adapted] letter to the debt owner.

dx

and they

I have to consider worse case scenario where I am issued a PAP so I shouldn't I plan for this before it happens if they eventually buy the debt and it becomes theirs?

How do I do this?

What do I say in my letter?

I have to prepare myself against their claim that the debt is not statute barred for the reasons mentioned above as well.

How do I do this?

What do I say?

I was told by a lawyer at [removed]  that an email could potentially reset the SB period.

All evidence that I have seen thus far other than what's here says this is the case. :(

The SB period for jamaica is 6 years for simple contracts.

Forgive me if I sound like a worry wart, but this thing is keeping me up at night.

I can't sleep or think about anything else.

It is torture and I want it to be over.

I cannot afford to pay, and I cannot afford a CCJ as I will be applying for citizenship soon.

I feel stuck in between a rock and a hard place where there is no way out. :(

1 hour ago, syphont said:

I will be applying for citizenship soon.

where

and they

On 26/11/2020 at 13:52, syphont said:

They stated that they have checked that this address is correct and informed their client that it is now appropriate to take further action against me at this address.

so you have lived elsewhere in the UK since you ended up at the address you are at now?

rented?

and they

It’s not ineveitable , it’s not even likely. Since when has a CCJ ever had anything to do with applying for citizenship?

39 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

so you have lived elsewhere in the UK since you ended up at the address you are at now?

rented?

yes and yes. The DCA has my most current address.

28 minutes ago, London1971 said:

It’s not ineveitable , it’s not even likely. Since when has a CCJ ever had anything to do with applying for citizenship?

there is a good character clause. if the applicant has a ccj then the application very will likely fail - as per information on immigration website.

Edited by syphont

sorry but thats not what the immigration website says at all.

...it says ...A CCJ is not a ground on its own to refuse the application

they are not the remotest bit interested in CIVIL matters, only criminal matters and debt in the UK is NOT a criminal offence.

and there are SOOOO many if's in your pointless worrying.

CLI do NOT own the debt

CLI can't do ANYTHING.

until/unless they buy the debt 

until they issue a PAPLOC

all that will take months and months and months

in the meantime your citizenship should be done and dusted anyway...CCJ or not ....makes no odds.

the DCA does not have your current address as you have not legally told them it 

neither does the debt owner Jamaica National Small Business Loans in writing.

as it stands you are far more likely to actually get or already have a CCJ as you've failed to update JNSBL of your correct address = backdoor CCJ. against one of your old ones...than get one via a debt sale now.

you don't need to prepare anything before the pap, as thats what the pap reply form is used for .

and they

You say DCA does not have my legal address... so why am I getting mail from them at my current address???

It says here: "Later on if you seek out naturalisation in the UK, the CCJ may be an issue for the “good character” portion of the application."

What is a PAPLOC ? is this the same thing as a pre action protocol?

lso, I checked and can confirm that I do not have a CCJ

The claimant also knows my current address, but I ave not told them in writting.

Ah. PAP LOC = PAP letter of claim.

Edited by syphont

legally there is no claimant at this stage 

which is why i KEEP using the term owner which is JNSBL

they do NOT legally know your correct and current address as you've never told them in WRITING.

stuff CLI they are totally immaterial to everything...IGNORE THEM PLEASE.!!

all they have done is looked at your credit file and sent a few phishing letter wanting a MUG to pay them.

can't keep saying this..

are all you old UK addresses showing on your credit file?

and they

I assure you from personal experience When applying for UK citizenship they won’t even ask to see your credit file. All they care about is that you have X income and X amount in the bank etc.

If you are already on indefinite leave to remain, Citizenship is just a formality anyway.