Lowell claimform - old vodafone and vanquis card debts

Darkshadow96
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

a friend of mine recommended this site,

i need some help with a problem with lowell they have issued court procedings with me for a debt with vodafone and vanquis bank.

i filled out the paper work they sent me disputing the bills and asking for proof.

I received the paper work for vanquis and vodafone

3 days later i received a claim pack from the court.

I have filed acknowledgment but nothing else.

i feel behind with payment as i lost my job in 2017 and it took six months to get a new one,

the vanquis debt contains late payment and overlimit fees.

The vodafone debt contains early termination fees and excessive usage fees that i tried  disputing with vodafone but they would not talk to me taking my usual £45 line rental to over £300. they did this for 4 months

i refused to pay the last bill as i wanted to know how with a spend block and data limit set on my line i could still go over my data limit and owe them so much.

I need help building my defence for the claim online

i received a letter from lewis collection acting on behalf of lowell today saying that i had not made any contact with the court and if i did not pay them the full amount within 5 days they would enter a judgment against me by default and send in the bailiffs.

Please fill this out <<<<<

Also please post up a copy of the claim form in scanned PDF format

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell claimform - old vodafone and vanquis card debts

retitled and moved to legals

please get the above link done ASAP.

then we can help you.

we don't need the claimform PDF if you fill out our questionnaire in that link properly 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi ya 

had to hide your last post  which is why we say don't scan up the claimform

you've left all you pers info showing.

just copy and paste your answers again, and leave out the POC JPG and the PDF please

simply TYPE OUT the particulars of claim 

removing any ref no's please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i believe you have received and replied to the previous letter of claim and lowells replied with some paperwork?

did you send Lowell a CCA request for the Vanquis Card Debt too?

please scan to ONE multipage PDF ALL the PAPLOC return from lowells 

read our upload guide carefully please

dx

and they

But you did reply to something asking for debt details..

we need to see anything they have sent y ou back so far pdq!!

and they

You did acknowledge service by the 6th Nov 4.00pm  and stated you wished to defend in full ?  Claim dated 21st Oct 2020.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Name of the Claimant ?

Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.

21/10/2020

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1) The claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into:

a. Vanquis Bank with reference ************ and current balance of £357.59

b. Vodafone Finance UK Limited with reference ********* and current balance of £573.95

The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the Claimant.

And the claimant claims:

a) The total of the sums being £931.54

B) Interest pursuant to s39 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, but limited to one year, being £74.53.

C) Costs

What is the total value of the claim?

£1156.07

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?

no they sent me the claim after the paperwork requested on the pap

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?

No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?

No

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?

Credit car and Moblie phone

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?

After april 2007

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?

on line for both

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?

yes

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?

yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?

no

Why did you cease payments?

lost job for credit card and dispute over extra charges for vodafone

What was the date of your last payment?

Vanquis Feb 17 Vodafone June 17

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

Yes

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?

No

we know that

can we see what they returned please...

have you done aos on mcol website?

dx

and they

I did  aos on mcol,

it will take me a little while to scan all the items sent and hide my info.

They sent me copy of invoices for Vodafone from july17 to dec 17.

Assignment letter from vodafone and lowell

copy of default notice.

And for vanquish a transaction list

copy of default notice showing different amount than claimed

letters of assignment from vanquis and lowell

and digital signature application details for vanquis.

I did  aos on mcol, 

By or before the 6th Nov ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Your defence is due next Friday 20th Nov before 4.00pm.

thats not a compliant CCA return for Vanquis and lowells have lost or discontinued court claims numerous times here with those.

use our search top right Lowell Vanquis Claimform.

did you actually send a separate CCA request to lowells as well as the PAP return that resulted in that pdf?

and they

just type not need to hit quote...
you can't CCA the voda debt it's not covered by the CCA

get a CCA Request running to the claimant for the vanquis debt
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/
leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed
get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/
[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt]
on BOTH type your name ONLY
Do Not sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

and they

voda PDF has your details on page 2 

we don't need to see your PAPLOC reply.

ive hidden them for safety

please re upload the voda stuff

and they

b. Vodafone Finance UK Limited with reference ********* and current balance of £573.95

The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the Claimant.

And the claimant claims:

B) Interest pursuant to s39 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, but limited to one year, being £74.53.

C) Costs

£1156.07

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant has not fully complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

1. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have, in the past, had financial dealings with vodafone and Vanquis, however I do not recall the exact details, nor do I recall any outstanding balance. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. For  Vodafone The claimant has refused to provide me with a copy of the agreement, stating he is not obligated to do so by virtue of the consumer credit Act 1974 or complied at all re the Vanquis alleged debt.  To date, no statement of the alleged account has been received.

2. Paragraph 2 is noted, again I do not recall any breach and I have never received a Default Notice in connection to the Vanquis debt.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied.I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment pursuant to sec136 The Law of Property Act 1925 for either debt, the claimant fails to plea what date it was assigned.Therefore its interest pursuant to sec39 The County Courts Act 1984 is also denied.

Therefore the Claimant is to provide strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into a Agreement/ Contract; and
(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(c) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice for the Vanquis debt,
(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

6. Subject to  the alleged Vodafone debt content , should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief.

merged claim vanquis card and voda debt

partial Paperwork compliance has been made after paploc reply

and they

hows this

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

1.     Paragraph 1 is accepted. I have, in the past, entered into a contract with vodafone or Vanquis Bank, however I do not recall the exact details, nor do I recall any outstanding balance. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. And a copy of the Vanquis consumer agreement by way of CCA. The claimant has refused to provide me with a copy of the agreement, stating he is not obligated to do so by virtue of the consumer credit Act 1974. To date, no statement of the alleged account has been received.

2. Paragraph 2 is noted, again I do not recall any breach and I have never received the stated Default Notice.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment, as stated by the Claimant and despite my request for a copy of said document, under CPR 31.14, the Claimant has failed to provide me with such to date.

4. Lowell have merged the debts together to confuse the issue.

(c) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5. The Claimant has stated that he has made several requests for repayment, yet I do not acknowledge any debt to the Claimant.

6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

8. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief.

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

b. Vodafone Finance UK Limited with reference ********* and current balance of £573.95

And the claimant claims:

C) Costs

£1156.07

Defence

1. The Claimant has not fully complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

1. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have, in the past, had financial dealings with vodafone and Vanquis, however I do not recall the exact details, nor do I recall any outstanding balance. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. For  Vodafone The claimant has refused to provide me with a copy of the agreement, stating he is not obligated to do so by virtue of the consumer credit Act 1974 or complied at all re the Vanquis alleged debt.  To date, no statement of the alleged accounts has been received.

2. Paragraph 2 is noted, again I do not recall any breach and I have never received a Default Notice in connection to the Vanquis debt.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied.I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment pursuant to sec136 The Law of Property Act 1925 for either debt, the claimant fails to plea what date it was assigned.Therefore its interest pursuant to sec39 The County Courts Act 1984 is also denied.

(c) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice for the Vanquis debt,
(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

6. Subject to  the alleged Vodafone debt content , should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief.

Check the above now.