Moneyclaim - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm about to put a moneyclaim in and am completely and utterly daunted by what I have to do....

Help!

Things I need help with

Do I now put in for my 8% interest using the Vampiress template?

If so, is there a quick way of calculating how many days since each charge?

What else do I need to put in?

I've been communicating with HBOS over 4 bank accounts (see history below). Do I put in one claim (total under £3k) or a claim each for me and my husband or... a claim for each account (2 of mine, 1 of hubbies and 1 joint)

Due to personal reasons, my time limits are a bit longer than normal - does this matter?

Have I done anything wrong so far that may jeapordise my claim?

Things I think I've done right

I've include a schedule of charges with both Prelim letters and the LBA's

The procedure so far appears to be in the right order.

I really feel that the bank knows I've done something wrong and I'm wasting my time and money - Can anyone help?

Halifax

25th Jul - S.A.R for sole, joint and Visa Accounts for me and husband

9th Aug - Acknowledgement from HBOS Plc that statements on their way

2nd Oct – Letter sent regarding joint statements only going back to Jan 2005 using Template 2 for non compliance of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

18th Oct - Statements received. My sole £312. Husbands sole £ My Visa £ Joint Account £2118.Total charges £2817.

19th Oct – Prelim letters sent for all 4 accounts

3rd – 7th Nov – Offer letters for my sole (£196 ) husbands sole (£112) and Joint (£616).

10th Nov – Combined rejection of settlement letter and LBA written for my sole, husbands sole and joint accounts. LBA only written for Visa as no offer received.

Lloyds

19th Oct – S.A.R sent for husband and I.

2nd Nov – S.A.R.2 sent as hub forgot to include postal order and they won’t acknowledge.

1st Dec – Tel message to pick statements up from local branch

I'm at the same stage as you - and think I have done the same!. I rejected the settlement offer and have now had a letter saying that they don't agree with OFT so I am now about to raise the paperwork for court I was going to do one MCOL for two accounts that I hold with Halifax but I am a little baffled how I can get all the information in within the designated characters and lines. I have decided to split to claim for each account separately. I am under the impression that you write each individual total within the claim particulars - ie charges, overdraft interest, 8% - (don't forget to include how much the interest is increasing per day!) Then beneath, where you need to put a total to find out how much it is going to cost, you add all the charges together - including 8%. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please?

Good luck!!!:p

Do I now put in for my 8% interest using the Vampiress template?

If so, is there a quick way of calculating how many days since each charge?

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it and print out as your schedule of charges.

I've been communicating with HBOS over 4 bank accounts (see history below). Do I put in one claim (total under £3k) or a claim each for me and my husband or... a claim for each account (2 of mine, 1 of hubbies and 1 joint)

2 claims, one for your a/c's in your name, one for husband's a/c and joint a/c in husband's name

Due to personal reasons, my time limits are a bit longer than normal - does this matter?

No

Have I done anything wrong so far that may jeapordise my claim?

No

MCOL POC's here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34887

Thanks!!

Have looked at your advice on my other thread as well, Michael - I've now filled in the vampiress spread sheets up to 1/12/06. The claim is now up to £3512.18 including interest!

I read somewhere about this increasing on a daily basis (until the claim is paid out) - does the court calculate this?

How much should I put in for (wo)man hours/postage etc etc costs?

The 8% interest sheets have a space for sort code and account no - I've put n/a for sort code for my visa account and just put the long no in account no. Is this correct?

I've also bought the small claims law pack through the CAG website - am hoping to put the claim in middle of next week as I want to check, check and then double check everything!!

Oh! Finally, I've had some more charges incurred since - can I add these on?

Thanks again - you've all been so helpful. I think this forum is superb - definitely worthy of a donation when I win!!

I read somewhere about this increasing on a daily basis (until the claim is paid out) - does the court calculate this?

No you do. Daily rate is just your charges x0.00022

eg £495 x 0.00022= £0.11p

How much should I put in for (wo)man hours/postage etc etc costs?

Zippo. Can't claim for your time in small claims court

The 8% interest sheets have a space for sort code and account no - I've put n/a for sort code for my visa account and just put the long no in account no. Is this correct?

Yes, but if one of your a/c's is a credit card, you should make a separate claim for that.

Oh! Finally, I've had some more charges incurred since - can I add these on?

Yes, adjust the schedule too

I don't know if I phrased one of my questions correctly...

So if I put in on the moneyclaim the amount to be claimed including 8% interest up to that date i.e. say I put the claim in today, the 2nd Dec. They decide to pay out in say 16 days. The amount will be more (not much... but more!) won't it? But they will pay out the amount on the moneyclaim won't they? Or do you negotiate with them on the day they propose to settle.

Minor thing I suppose - just needed to know!;)

• 3 months later...

Money Claim Online query .... doh! Hi, how easy is it to undo a Money Claim Online mistake. In my rush I have entered the claimant as the company and not myself etc .... and the defendant as myself and not the company. I have paid and started the process already .... help!!! doh!!:confused: