IRDWW Chasing old HSBC 2016 Abu Dhabi debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’ve been contacted today by IDRWW chasing up a debt in Abu Dhabi owed to HSBC. I’ve owed this debt since 2016 however it seems HSBC are now putting down the pedal on collecting. Can anybody help?

how did they contact you?

plenty of IRDWW threads here to read.

rare its an HSBC one mind...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to IRDWW Chasing old HSBC 2016 Abu Dhabi debt

They emailed today asking me how I’d like to be contacted, if I don’t reply in 7 days they’ll use my email.

I’ve been dealing with a company called Taksheel but now it seems HSBC are using a UK based collector 

I’ve seen the threads on here from a couple of years ago.

I’m unsure as to what jurisdiction they have here.

Unsure if the laws have changed.

I’ve no assets here and living with my mother.....the work I have doesn’t allow me to pay anything to them.

I’m quite lost to be honest and my mam is worried they’ll come knocking and pestering her.

1 hour ago, DB1966 said:

I’ve been dealing with a company called Takshee

expand on this please

method

and what do you mean by 'dealing' with them?

not been conversing on the phone etc have you and replied?

what did you say....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Taksheel were offering a settlement  reduction of 80% of the outstanding loan. I thought I had to try and accept this as it seemed a good deal. I had to send letters of hardship, bank statements, anything to  prove I couldn’t meet the full amount.

they reneged in the offer and made a final settlement figure of 65%, I couldn’t raise this so I refused. I gave them my phone number, I answered on one occasion and listened to them begging me to pay.

ive had nothing more from Taksheel since 3 weeks ago. Now IDR have stepped in.

I thought by not refusing to pay or not ignoring them they’d see I want to pay something but cannot pay all. I’ve offer £10k but they want £15k I just haven’t got it.

I tried to settle due to a possible job in Dubai, I didn’t want any restrictions or to be lifted upon arrival however the job never materialised.

Is your current UK address showing on your credit record ?

If it is, then I would have thought they would write to the address on record and not via email. Just block their emails.

Appears to me that they are not in any hurry to collect this debt.

Given this is a foreign debt, if they were to  issue a UK Court claim ( which they probably can do), then they would have to provide a UK postal address for the Court claim, where you had a chance to respond. 

If you did want to return to Dubai or any other country where this debt is more of a problem, then you would contact HSBC to deal with them directly and not any Debt Collection Agency or firm of Solicitors acting as Debt Collectors. These are just in it to collect a portion of the debt to put in their pockets. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I’m not sure if it is showing on my credit history but I used this address to open the bank account in Abu Dhabi but I’ve never received any letters by post from them..

I’ve been I and out of work and living abroad since 2016 and I know I’m not on the electoral register here.

I was in the pub game previously and I’m still paying debt from this hence I can’t pay the HSBC

Urm..pub debt eh?

Franchise..personal guarantee signed..?? If not i'd seriously question what you think you owe.

You are 1000% safe to ignore all emails re the hsbc debt

They know where you are from the bank account

As for being arrested  😂😂

and they

Forgive Me the pub debt was from the UK in 2010.....after I was stitched up by the brewery.

The Abu Dhabi debt is a result of an old business partner not paying the loan back...they stopped after a year however the loan was a personal one in my name.

As for arrested I meant if I returned to the Middle East at any point.

will IDR come calling to my mothers house?

Shall I ignore all correspondence from them? 

48 minutes ago, DB1966 said:

I was in the pub game previously and I’m still paying debt from this hence I can’t pay the HSBC

this is what alarms me and its from 2010 and you are still paying it...??

something is not right with the above debt then..

as for the Abu Dhabi debt, hehe you've read a bit too much or believed crap and lies....

no-one can 'come to your door'

this is the UK

and they are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

and they

The reason I’m paying it is because my mother took a re-mortgage. I was a multi operator and the debt was accumulated after all overdraft facilities were withdrawn and replaced with loans. A culmination of poor RV’s, tenancy deals and light fingered staff left me cutting my losses and bailing out. Here I repaid £25k  from £57k.

Thanks for the info regarding IDR but what happens when they begin, will they try bully boy tactics, threats etc ?

Will this end in court here? 

How is the Pub debt recorded/registered ?

Your Mum took a re-mortgage but this pub debt is not registered against her property ?

Agree with dx, that you may want to review this pub debt. Still repaying 10 years later and not really having means to move on, is something that does not feel right.

Moving onto Dubai debt, yes in most cases UK Court claim is possible as the finance agreement will be noted as non exclusive jurisdiction, saying subject to rules of foreign jurisdiction where debtor is resident, the creditor can look to enforce debt using foreign Court. But there is a process to be gone through and it would be up to HSBC as they are likely to still own the debt. 

What appears to happen where debtor does not have means to make meaningful repayment, is that the creditor or debt collection does not bother pursuing further. But the debt is not cancelled and can be subject to further chasing years later.

If you don't want the hassle of this debt with continued communications over years, you could enquire with HSBC in Dubai. Just tell them of your circumstances including other debts and ask what help they can offer. Ask them whether they are willing to consider full and final settlement for a reduced amount, if you were able to borrow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The pub debt was paid by remortgage and wasn’t recorded, it was taken as a loan and paid back at a reduced settlement. The point I’m trying to get over to the HSBC and previously Taksheel is that I have other commitments.

I’ve tried reaching out to HSBC but to no avail, they simply let Taksheel speak on their behalf. The settlement offered by myself was £10,000 but they’re holding out for £15,000. My point is that out of this they’ll be paying Taksheel a large % so why not deal with me direct ?

my intention is to ignore IDR but whilst I’m at work I worry that they’ll come knocking and pressure my mother. I think I’d better brace myself for a court case.

4 hours ago, DB1966 said:

my intention is to ignore IDR but whilst I’m at work I worry that they’ll come knocking and pressure my mother. I think I’d better brace myself for a court case.

there are NO examples of them doing this

and anyway they cannot.

a dca in the UK is NOT a bailiff.

and has zero legal powers.

it smacks me that if this HSBC debt is SO enforceable, why have they offered such a huge 80% discount.

something smells.

i will gather with the other debt you are repaying you mother and sadly, even if the original debt was probably somewhat bogus, it's been paid so too later...

and they

Ahh good old Tahseel ! tell them where to go.

they are the ones that called my wife on that fateful day when she found out.

Rude and abusive

As for IDR well Mr Coyle and his team from CWD i just dont know how they get away with doing what they do its scandalous.

DX.....are they likely to seek a court case?

I would want to avoid that. I’ve still got £10,000 set aside for a settlement with HSBC but have no way of contacting the right people again.....it seems they’ve rejected my offer and won’t discuss with me. That’s what I’ve been led to believe from Taksheel. It now seems they’re trying to escalate things with IDR.

8 minutes ago, DB1966 said:

DX.....are they likely to seek a court case?

even if you had £15k i would not be settling this as i VERY much doubt unless you got it in WRITING from HSBC themselves that the whole debt is gone, it wont be, you are just lining fleecers pockets.

there are no instances of any of these UAE etc debts being sold on.

so the ONLY ones that can do court are banks themselves

in your case this is HSBC.

i can nor ever have found any examples of HSBC doing court on one of these.

pers i'd be ignoring everyone now until or unless you get a letter of claim from a solicitor that states their client is HSBC, 

have you had all the social media abuse sent to friends and relatives etc yet and the abusive phone calls to them at 4am ?

and they