Jurisdiction of English courts when claiming against a non-EU airline operating a flight departing LHR ?

altosbestos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you expand more on this Mexico Credit Card...is it a major branded card ....Mastercard/Visa ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Useful links....Mexico has its own version of Consumer Protection...this would have been lot more simple if you had used a UK Credit Card.....I wont ask why you have a Mexico Credit Card ...but I did enjoy Breaking Bad :-D

https://servicios.santander.com.mx/comprometidos/eng/practicas.php

https://iclg.com/practice-areas/consumer-protection-laws-and-regulations/mexico#

https://www.profeco.gob.mx/juridico/pdf/l_lfpc_06062006_ingles.pdf

https://www.angloinfo.com/blogs/mexico/mexico-city/cdmx-information-blog/consumer-law-in-mexico-what-are-your-rights/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Have you spoken to Santander UK ?  Technically you made the purchase here in the UK...now irrespective of the CC being a Mexican Santander card the purchase was made from the UK and would of thought that there should still be some protection irrespective of which currency was deployed...and that it should still have the Visa International protection. 

Also I dont suppose you had any form of travel insurance or if Aeromexico are covered by Atol or similar ?

Bleak if your trying to sue someone in the UK at the moment....you must exhaust all avenues first...speak to Santander UK first and then possibly Visa or Mastercard as it now I understand they recently switched.

Sounds promising...2 months is better than 12 months...but in the meantime try to converse with Santander UK and see if there any option through the UK arm.

• 2 months later...

You can't really legislate for what may or not happen....get the credit and then see what transpires.

Andy

• 5 months later...

Excellent …Well done..although this is not your topic I wonder how altosbestos is getting on ?

Andy.

• Like 1

• AndyOrch changed the title to Jurisdiction of English courts when claiming against a non-EU airline operating a flight departing LHR ?