• Tweets

• I had to get a few tests done and thought it would be better to get them done through the Insurance company. I spoke with them and they authorised the claim and directed me to their approved location. Asked the question from Insurance company as to how much they would cost as I have a £1000 excess and they said they can't disclose contracted rates and its best if I ask the hospital what their direct rates are for paying customers for comparison.    Got the bill through and a scan they charge £400 for has been billed to the insurance company for £650. Basically in total a £500 bill for private customers is £800 for the Insurance company.  That's a bit extreme.Spoke to insurance company and they are saying I need to pay what their set rates are..    Do I have any rights in this situation? 
    • Never mind.   I see they're suing that Sidney lawyer lady for the same amount.   It's quite funny seeing Trump's bully lawyer whining about his right to practise law being affected by having to be accountable for his actions...
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this ‘clone firm’. View the full article
    • The ONS have released the latest Labour Market Overview covering the months September – November, there is additional data that […] View the full article
    • Looks like guiliani needs a good lawyer   https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-dominion/dominion-voting-systems-sues-trump-lawyer-giuliani-over-election-claims-idUSKBN29U1CD Trump lawyer Giuliani faces $1.3 billion lawsuit over 'big lie' election fraud claims
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Enterprise Parking Solutions/QDR Solicitors - Spread Eagle Pub, Manchester, M21 9LD

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help my eldest Son, he got a parking ticket whilst playing for his Football Team, the Landlady/Owner of the Pub allows them to park there. He did call them upon getting the ticket and they said he was not a customer which is untrue as they all go in before and after the games.

Since then of course he has ignored it to the point of a Solicitors letter.

Can we challenge this by maybe getting a letter from the Landlady confirming he was indeed a Customer? or is there a better way to defeat them?

Please see letters, I hope I have blanked out everything as required.

have edited to remove images now in as PDF

Hi. I'm sure we can help your son.

It would help us if you could redo your documents as one pdf file please, so we can zoom on them. At the moment, I can't enlarge them enough to be able to read them and some go blurred. pdf's also mean that only registered members of CAG can see them, which is added protection for you.

Have a read of our upload guide for information on pdf files anc conversions.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Nothing bad is going to happen to your son in the short term, all that has happened is that he has got a standard letter that is meant to be threatening.  I doubt a solicitor even saw the letter, otherwise they wouldn't have made the basic legal mistake of saying they were instructed by ZZPS who are uninteresated third party.

The best thing to do is simply to ignore their tripe.

Come back here if a Letter Before Action arrives though.

Do I take it the landlady is friendly and on-side over this?

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to Enterprise Parking Solutions/QDR Solicitors - Spread Eagle Pub, Manchester, M21 9LD

Is the Landlady an actual Landlady or is it a chain pub?

I suspect it is the latter and the Landlady holds no clout with the PPC who are employed by the Pub Chain company.

It doesn't really matter, ignore all the tripe you are sent (but keep it) unless you receive a Letter Before Action, then the fun starts.

Edited by Homer67
typo
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, FTMDave said:

Nothing bad is going to happen to your son in the short term, all that has happened is that he has got a standard letter that is meant to be threatening.  I doubt a solicitor even saw the letter, otherwise they wouldn't have made the basic legal mistake of saying they were instructed by ZZPS who are uninteresated third party.

The best thing to do is simply to ignore their tripe.

Come back here if a Letter Before Action arrives though.

Do I take it the landlady is friendly and on-side over this?

Thanks, yes the Landlady is friendly and on side - all the Football team have her permission to park there, she gets quite a bit of business out of them.

I wouldn't worry about the PCN. Do not respond to any of them as yet.

I suspect that the reason that QDR say they are taking instructions from ZZPS is probably because ZZPS use a no win no pay method to get business. So as they haven't frightened your son into paying, in order to get their money, probably around £60, QDR are trying to get the £60 by saying that ZZPS are instructing them.

Then although the maximum that can be charged is £100 depending on where the event happened, they feel that they have circumnavigated the fact that ZZPS haven't been paid, by adding a fictitious fee of £60 to the bill.

This is tantamount to fraud and the Courts throw these charges out if ever they reach Court. QDR in their ignorance seem to have added a further £12 to their bill! Total numpties. But I am sure that many people pay these unlawful charges so it works for them if it doesn't go to Court.

On top of that from your son's point of view is that in order to have a contract between them and motorists who park there, Enterprise need to comply with certain Laws

-one of which is that they need planning permission from the Council to erect their parking signs.

They look as if they haven't applied so it means that they have broken the Law and their signs are there illegally and no contract can therefore be established between them and motorists. So your son is in the clear. 

Forget about them all and ignore all of their stupid demands except in the unlikely event that they send you a Letter before Claim. Then come back to us so we can send them a letter to put them in their place.

• Like 1

I agree with Lookinforinfo about ignoring their silly demands.

However, I would also get on to the CEO of Joseph Holts and point out that you're a regular customer, indeed you go in there once a fortnight with all the rest of the football team and spend serious money - and the landlady will confirm this.  Demand Joseph Holts cancel the invoice.

In recent weeks we've had a lot of success on the forum (with supermarket chains, but it's the same principle) with motorists not faffing around with area managers or customer service, but getting straight onto the CEO to get the invoice withdrawn.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Had to delete PDF details still showing that could identify you, please repost with all references etc redacted

Its a ThreatOgram, full of ifs buts maybe's designed to frighten, not a proper LBA.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

QDR can't be instructed by a DCA to do anything..only the 'creditor'...Enterprise..can.

if you look carefully you'll see this is ZZPS using a QDR letterhead.

this is a very well known issue that goes back years with ZZPS/QDR

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you write to the CEO of Joseph Holts (Richard Kershaw)?