Harlands/TruGym DD Issue

dishwasher913
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am in a difficult situation where I used an offer where I got the first month off for free and then it would be £25 thereafter. I only used the first month then cancelled the direct debit through my bank,

my gym account has been defaulted and no longer exists so I cannot contact the gym.

Harlands have contacted me today asking for £90, soon to be £204 if I do not pay the £90 before the 24th of November.

I don't want to pay this, I can compromise on paying them 1 months worth of a membership £25 but other than that I do not want to pay the full amount.

I started my membership in September and only used it for one month then cancelled dd through my bank.

Its not a time fixed contract, you can sign up for one month and cancel within the same month.

If anyone could help, it would be massively appreciated.

Nothing anyone can do to you.

if you wish simply write and offer the one month you might owe as you didnt give 30 days notice.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you wish

or write if it makes you feel better.

plenty of like threads in this forum.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dishwasher and welcome to CAG

So am I right in assuming you cancelled the DD mandate via your bank BEFORE Harlands could take the 1st DD after your free trial month.

If so, write to the gym now by typed letter and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO Counter when you send this.  

I suggest you say :-

The Manager

Trugym

XXXX address

XXXX town/city

XXXX postcode

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my free month's trial membership at your gym. I chose not to continue with the year's membership and therefore cancelled the DD mandate via my bank.

I am prepared to pay you 1 months gym fee for my trial period. If you give me your bank account details and reference number, I will pay you for the 1 month trial period. My offer is valid for 14 days only.

If you fail to reply within 14 days, or you demand any higher amount, or you allow Harlands/CRS to add any unlawful admin fees, I will pay you nothing.

I will then ignore any further demands from you and/or Harlands/CRS

Yours faithfully,

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

46 minutes ago, slick132 said:

Hi Dishwasher and welcome to CAG

So am I right in assuming you cancelled the DD mandate via your bank BEFORE Harlands could take the 1st DD after your free trial month.

If so, write to the gym now by typed letter and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO Counter when you send this.  

I suggest you say :-

The Manager

Trugym

XXXX address

XXXX town/city

XXXX postcode

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my free month's trial membership at your gym. I chose not to continue with the year's membership and therefore cancelled the DD mandate via my bank.

I am prepared to pay you 1 months gym fee for my trial period. If you give me your bank account details and reference number, I will pay you for the 1 month trial period. My offer is valid for 14 days only.

If you fail to reply within 14 days, or you demand any higher amount, or you allow Harlands/CRS to add any unlawful admin fees, I will pay you nothing.

I will then ignore any further demands from you and/or Harlands/CRS

Yours faithfully,

Thank you very much for an extensive reply, would I email this to the gym or harlands

It looked quite scary but when realising they're just fearmongering I am more relaxed.

so you quote it but don't read what slick132 said?

and they