Parcel2GO - DPD - International parcel - £2300 Damage - **Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys!

Discovered this awesome place just a few days ago after a consigment was damaged by DPDs.

Used P2G to book a delivery to a country in the EU via DPD and it was insured up to £2500 for which I paid ~ £150 "insurance".

The item I have sent was a hermetically sealed pressure gauge, which was not contained in their Prohibited Items list. Asked for confirmation from two different agents on chat.

Soon after delivery the buyer reached out to me saying the box has a 6 x 3 cm hole in it covered with DPD "Resealed with Care" tape. The hole was all the way to the instrument, and through it.

Something pierced over 6cm of foam and 4cm of hard cardboard and damaged the front panel assembly. The repair costs for this unit are much higher than the insurance, however it covers the original price paid by the buyer.

A claim was raised with P2G and tomorrow is the 7th day since the delivery/claim was made.

Will they try to dodge me? Offer me less?

How can I enforce my rights and be compensated fairly?

Kind regards

Will consider donating to your cause!

The likelihood is that they will try to decline liability.

However, it hasn't happened very long ago. You should pursue the claim and see what happens and then come back here.

Please update us if your claim is successful. If it's not successful then of course let us know all about it and we will help you.

I think it's rather too early to start taking any action yet – particularly because you don't know the result and if they do decline liability, you don't know the reason for it.

Let's see what happens.  

You need to pursue the claim first in order to get a result one way or the other.

If they deny liability then we will help you attack them.

Are you in the UK?

Make sure you get photographs of everything

OK - give it up to 10 days - then come back here

• Thanks 1

A couple of questions.  The first may not be relevant if they've damaged the parcel through negligence, but may stop you wandering down the wrong path, but were you using DPD as a business or as a consumer?  It's just that sending someone a pressure gauge doesn't sound like a "consumer" transaction.

Second, something as delicate as a pressure gauge wasn't a prohibited/excluded item was it?  Some couriers won't carry non-robust items.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not a delicate item at all at 14lbs, cast aluminium. It is a field transfer standard pressure gauge that I bought more than a decade ago.

In regards to the claim, chased this over their chat at least 2 times a day, everyday.

It passed through Claims - Claims Supervisor - Claims Manager - Commercial Director - Company Managing Director

Today it was approved.

Happy ending in my case

Will make a donation to your cause.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Fairy.Queen
  • Thanks 1

That's a great result – and thank you very much indeed for letting us know.

I'm going to say now that it is likely that you went to DPD and not through Hermes because the result would have been very different and for this kind of value you would have been in court.

Thanks again for the donation – although I don't feel that we've done very much in this case that it would be churlish of us to refuse 😄!!

• BankFodder changed the title to Parcel2GO - DPD - International parcel - £2300 Damage - **Resolved**