Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help ***Refund in Full***

waz70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well no harm at all ringing the FOS in the morning explaining , briefly!! the story and the fact you have a crime number too as well as nastywest response, though correctly, it is not a final response

see what they suggest.

IMHO time is of the essence here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

as per the which advice about APP scams

you have already been refused by nastywest

get into the FOS now

there is no need to further waste your time with any more complaint letters to the bank

The only thing about that though dx is that FOS apparently have a massive backlog of cases and it might take up to a year to get a FOS decision, according to Which. I've no idea if that's still true but if current delays are anything like that long there's nothing to be lost by lodging a further complaint to NatWest, as they have invited OP to do. I'll guess there will be an answer to that much quicker than any response you'll get from FOS.  

14 minutes ago, Ethel Street said:

The only thing about that though dx is that FOS apparently have a massive backlog of cases and it might take up to a year to get a FOS decision, according to Which. I've no idea if that's still true but if current delays are anything like that long there's nothing to be lost by lodging a further complaint to NatWest, as they have invited OP to do. I'll guess there will be an answer to that much quicker than any response you'll get from FOS.

Hiya, I do agree, my plan is to complain to the bank first get their final response then escalate to FOS that way FOS can't say after a year I need to complain to the bank first as much as I want to go directly to the FOS.

They prioritise cases as do the ico.

2 days ago they resolved a new case within 24 hrs.

this imho is a priority.

now if £1000 is not a priority to you then fine.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

I have now composed my draft letter for Natwest, can you please let me know if you think there is anything I should add or remove.

Really appreciate everyone's help.

Links I have used for information are:-

https://www.psr.org.uk/psr-focus/app-scams

https://blog.fscom.co.uk/authorised-push-payments-and-the-voluntary-code

https://www.business.natwest.com/business/security/app-code.html

Dear Natwest Bank

Thanks for your response regarding your detailed investigation.  I do not agree with your outcome. Please provide in depth details regarding your investigation confirming all processes that have been reviewed timings etc

Please confirm where the money has gone when it went into the recipients account ensuring you  include the dates and times of withdrawal from the account etc.

Please confirm dates and times of when you contacted the recipients bank and how quickly they dealt with the fraud, please also confirm the contact method used when contacting the receiving bank, i.e email, telephone call or post.

I do not agree the notification provided by yourselves is enough to prevent fraud, it is only a small box and provides one or two small sentences, and is to easy to continue past, this feel like it has only been incorporated to allow Natwest to move liability from yourselves to the customer, this needs to be a series of questions which the account holder has to read and answer yes or no to at the very least.  The app code advises the notification should be an effective warning to the customer, and should be provided throughout various stages of the payment journey advising the customer of the risk of APP scams. The warnings should be clear, impactful (influencing the customer’s decision making), timely and specific (tailored to the type of customer and particular APP scam risk), at no point was this met.

The notification which your app provides regarding a risk of fraud pops up all too often, this pops up when you are paying both legitimate businesses and people that I am fully aware of, this needs to be tailored to pop up only when the risk is real.

When I called to report the fraud to the bank the lady on the phone instantly recognised this was fraud if your staff are trained to recognise this instantly then why are your processes not automated to prevent this, if your own internal automated systems cannot recognise and prevent fraud then how is an untrained customer meant to prevent it?

Where the bank is suspicious that this could be a fraud payment the payment should also be delayed especially for such a high amount and again this condition was not met as the payment was instant, your app is flagging it up as a possible fraud so why did it not delay the payment?  The payment should be blocked if it is a possible Fraud and then the account holder should call the bank to complete the transfer if needed.

The APP code advises PSPs should analyse transactional data and customer data, using fraud data and typologies to identify payments that are more likely associated with APP fraud. PSPs will have to ensure that their transaction monitoring software is tailored to detect APP fraud I do not believe your software is tailored to APP fraud as it triggers when it is not fraud, and did not provide a clear warning to me at any point that it may be APP fraud.

I have also never received any training from yourselves regarding APP fraud, I think this needs to be provided to everyone either on a personal basis or via advertisements pushed through your banking applications that people are forced to watch at least once before they can continue onto their online banking.

I fully believe this is a process breakdown via Natwest and will be taking this to the Financial Ombudsman Services should a satisfactory response not be received within the next 15 days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, Just remembered to update you on this post, my letter worked I had a full refund from NatWest in January.

When I get a minute I will upload a copy of their response just need to edit out anything personal :-)

Many thanks.

• AndyOrch changed the title to Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help ***Refund in Full***

Well done and many thanks for coming back to conclude your topic....topic title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 months later...