Rejecting a used car from Motor Choice T/A Yorkshire Motor Village

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my son bought a used car which developed a fault within the first week and had to be taken to a garage in Yeovil by the AA.  The fault was a faulty water pump and a leaking thermostat.  Cost of repair app £650.  We live in Bradford West Yorks and my son he was working away in Somerset so he took the car to Somerset.  The car had done about 350 miles before the water pump stopped working and he had to call the AA.  

My son spoke to the dealer who was aggressive towards him saying the car was sold as seen until my son mentioned his rights under the CRA and then his tone was a bit more reasonable.

The garage called the car dealer to inform him of the cost.  The dealer said he could get it done for £100.   Garage explained that it needed an electric water pump for that particular model of BMW and that he would require payment upfront before any work was started.  Dealer said he would pay £300 towards the repair.  The garage rejected that offer.

The dealer has only contacted me once within the last 30 days and throughout that period I have sent emails asking him to get in touch.  The last email was sent within 30 days of the car purchase and said the car was being rejected and that he should call me.  I also sent the email which included copies of all the other emails by recorded delivery post. 

My son has rejected the car and is seeking a full refund of the £2995 paid.  The car was paid for on my wife's debit card and he has received the V5 in the post saying that he is the registered keeper.  The receipt for the car is from Motor Choice.

If we issue a claim via moneyclaimonline should it be in his name or his mums name?  

I spoke to the garage on Saturday morning and they have said that the dealer can't collect the car until he pays £20  per day storage from when the AA dropped the car off.

Edited by TCFB

When did you purchase the vehicle?

Have you put anything in writing to the dealer?

Vehicle purchased on 10th October.  It was driven that weekend and then was on our driveway until the following Saturday when my son returned from working in London.  He took the car to Yeovil on the Monday 19th October.  Car broke down on Tuesday 20th October in Yeovil.

I have sent him numerous emails asking him contact me to discuss the matter further and he hasn't replied.

The final email (sent on Friday 6th November) informs him that the car will be rejected and I'll issue a claim for a refund.  He hasn't replied that one either.

Edited by TCFB

Send an unambiguous notice of rejection under the consumer rights act. Have a look at these instructions

Once you have asserted your right to reject, then please come back here.

If the dealer is uncommunicative then you may need to take things into your own hands and assert control.

We will help you do this.