style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok a mate of mine has just had one of these letters all edging x y and z. 

Its very interesting that he doesn’t use nor has ever used the software yet they have by all accounts sent him a letter saying we have x amount of IP addresses and these Mac addresses, he is pretty computer savvy and checked them blocked all this Mac addresses that could have accessed the networks

now could someone explain how with an IP address and a MAC address they could possibly try and pin this on him.

they can't

ambulance chasers wanting free money for their xmas party 

lots of threads here about them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah of all the places it’s odd that this is where they all are

I suggested he says send me your proof, doesn’t seem like they want to , pretty sure he has a cast iron defence but hes a bit of a worrier I think

then when they provide no proof he bill them for his time then sue them for defamation of his good character.

Here’s a top tip switch to fusion 360 hit solidworks in the pocket get a license for 500 a year , watch solidworks user base crumble

Oh and has anyone seen any case in the UK go to court yet? 

Edited by mikedesign

please don't encourage silly letter tennis.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi surely if they have a good hand they will be confident of getting a good positive claim in? 

it’s almost as if they want to keep their cards closed , though I’m pretty sure they have to outline all the evidence they have which amounts to an IP address 10 Mac addresses and the fact it was used at weekends or evenings which is implausible for starters

just out of interest how comparable is this to ACS law?

Edited by mikedesign

virtually the same as acs.

all the software does is harvests details on the PC upon installation

and then tries to embarrass people into paying.

forget about them totally

dx

and they

Aww I love crap like this though it almost makes me want to go all social justice warrior and see that my mate can get out of it for the aggro and stress , 

it kind of feels like these clowns can just run round making spurious allegations and get away with it .

The point is that some people think they can add "free" software to their computers, which has saved them $$$$.

The communications and subsequent online forum posts act as a warning that using software without paying for the licence will lead to demands being received to pay the amount. 

In most cases people are going to at least stop using the software, even if they do not pay anything.  It would be pretty silly to continue using software, if the usage is being tracked. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It seems this company have made out they got some massive contract with DSSW now obviously there’s 5 or 6 posts here which pretty much is all you can find on the www with the exception of the few cases stateside , which doesn’t really tally up unless they’re prosecuting the supposed hundreds of people they claim are infringing their clients copyright in their blurb or maybe everyone settles beforehand using the mediation

my question I suppose knowing the guy , knowing what he does for a living , and the fact that unless he’s taken on 10 designers and moved into engineering , which he hasn’t is how they manage to put two and two together despite him basically telling them and it being very easy to prove in court that he has never or ever had a need for their software ,any reasonable person would probably say this is pretty implausible , to just basically try and bully a guy because they have someone’s IP address and MAC address