Problem with my Mechanic Garage

Psulkin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car to a mechanic that I found online and I paid £1200 to get them to fix it,

they fixed it and gave me a warranty which is valid for a year,

after 2 weeks the fault with the car that they fixed came back and the car stopped working completely.

I sent the car back to them for repair under the warranty and he claimed that the warranty was fraud that I made so that he could escape responsibility,

when I told him I was going to take legal action he then admitted that the warranty wasn’t fraudulent and that he would fix it but that he couldn’t fix it right away as they were busy.

When he checked the car he claimed that the problem was with the injectors (which are not covered by the warranty but when I had taken the car to a different mechanic before they told me there was nothing wrong with the car).

he kept using abusive language over text and saying that he was going to leave the car in the street with the key inside but whenever I told him I was going to take legal action he would then say he was going to fix the car.

last Friday he sent me a message saying that he would fix it but that I would have to pay half and pay it upfront,

I sent him the upfront cost of half the total fee but when I sent it he then decided to ramp up the price ,

I then told him that I wouldn’t go ahead and told him to send my money back where he then refused and when I told him again that I was going to use legal action again he told me that he never gave me his real name so I can’t get him and that and that the bank account that I sent the upfront cost to was under some one else’s name .

We had also agreed the car to be fixed on Wednesday but after I sent the upfront fee he changed it and said it’ll be done on Friday and despite me telling him about the upcoming lockdown, he still persisted that it would be done on Friday.

On Friday he messages me telling me that he cant work during lockdown (even though I had warned him about it) and that he will only start working on it after lockdown.

Now I don’t know what’s happened to my car or even where it is since I cant travel during the lockdown to check on it,

if you guys could inform me about a free legal aid solicitor that would help a lot seeing as I’m not in a good financial situation at the moment and he has taken a lot of money out of my pocket.

You won't need a solicitor for this.  you can do it yourself with our help.

a solicitor will only charge you a load of money for shifting papers around and won't be particularly interested.

Please can you tell us the name of the repairer and also some details about the vehicle and also I don't particularly understand what was wrong with it or what is wrong with it now.

maybe you could lay out the facts in a short bullet pointed chronology without too much narrative

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

.The vehicle is BMW 320d 2008. Engine knocking loudly. he managed to rebuild the engine with one year warranty.

.after two weeks the engine knocking loudly again .

.I sent the car back to him by recovery vehicle 6 weeks ago now, he tried to run away from the warranty by giving new excuse everyday.

.He told me to pay half the fee (£200) and when I sent it to him over online banking he changed the overall price and made it more expensive. When I told him I didn't want him to fix my car anymore he refused to send me back my money.

.to sum up, he wants me to pay half of the overall costs which he now claims to be £980; £200 now and £280 upon collection.

. we had also agreed that the car would be done by wed 4/11/2020 but when I sent the upfront payment he changed the date to 6/11/2020.

.I messaged him after telling him that he cant finish on 6/11/2020 due to the lockdown, which he responded to by telling me its done when its done.

.On 4/11/2020 he messages me telling me he cant work on the car and that he'll finish it after lockdown.

I have all the text messages  and bank transactions on my phone, when needed I can present them them to you.

You haven't told us the name of the repairer.

his name is Smith in Blackburn.

his name is Smith in Blackburn.

I am thinking of going by myself to his Garage , if I found the garage open I will call the police.

please correct me if I am wrong.

can't see what role the police will play in this

it's a civil not a criminal matter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that his name is Smith and he is in Blackburn. That really isn't much of a help.

How about the address – and also tell us something about the garage. Is this a proper business? Is it simply a lock-up garage? Have you actually visited it?

He's now got your car. How much have you paid him altogether?

Everybody here is willing to help – but it seems to me that you are unwilling to give the information that we need and we've asked for.

That would be a good start.

Also, how far away from you is the garage?

£200 down for paying toward something that you didn't have too

and the cost of flatbedding the car to him when that wasn't your cost either.

urm.. got you nicely there already.

and they