settled fault claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a new insurance and today we received an email to say, I had an settled fault claim on my file from 2016 from an old car! this is the 1st i heard of it and was in shock, never been in accident  that needed a claim (a car hit the back of us on the motorway no damage to either car and the guy even admitted fault as was on phone, and we had a police log for this well we hope as we called them) or had any claims!! 

we have tried to contact the old insurance company Octagon but they have gone! and the contact information we have is just an email for them and keeps getting bounced back. 

Im worried as now it is showing on my file that i have settled fault claim! any help?? 

Start off by sending them an SAR.  Ask the polce for a report as well and if necessary send them an sar too.

Octagon Insurance are no longer trading.  They were an Insurance intermediary, so did not underwrite the Insurance themselves.  All of Octagons records would have been transferred to the underwriter of the Insurance at the time.

So you need to find out the Insurance underwriter at the time.

The MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) can help with enquiries.

See the link below and at the bottom there is a section on CUE ( claims underwriting exchange).  Suggest making a subject access request and getting hold of the claim record information.  Then you can contact the Insurance Underwriter to question the claim.  Probably too late in the day to challenge, if you were found at fault.

https://www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/mib-managed-services/cue-miaftr

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

:( nooo! I hope not as when we looked further into it, the motorway thing didn’t happen then, so we have no clue what it is, but funny enough it was the date the insurance renewal was! 

Hopefully once you know who the Insurance Underwriter is, they will confirm details of the claim and if the claim has been entered against  you in error then you can ask for the claim record to be removed.

Until you know the details, no point in speculating why the claim record is on there.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread