PCM/Gladstones Backdoor CCJ re BP Station ANPR PCN never got anything till Equita DCA letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to the forum here.

Need help please!

My mum has had 2 letters from a firm called Equita who seems to be debt collectors.

A debt was passed onto them by Gladstone solicitors in regards to an unpaid CCJ.

After asking what was the fine for, they said it was for a PCN.

Back story,

around March last year 2019,

she was in London and was on her way home where she got lost.

She stopped by a BP petrol station to ask for directions.

It seems the private firm PCM manages their parking.

To assume, although not confirmed, they may have issued a PCN, but nothing has been seen, nor the CCJ sent my her current address or even previous address since.

To top this off, she has been stuck abroad since January with no way of getting home since 3 weeks ago and letters from Equita were first sent on 9/10 and 28/10. Note that i do not live with her and she was stuck shielding for 2 weeks.

I have contacted Equita to gain information, but threatened with incurring costs and not have reached out to PCM or Gladstone yet.

Can anyone help or provide advice?

Thanks and stay safe, Q

Please post up the letters you have received – redacted and in PDF format

so a backdoor CCJ by a private parking company for a speculative invoice 

it is NOT a fine

scan up the letter from Equita as i suspect they are ONLY operating as a debt collectot here NOT a bailiff.

why did she not receive numerous letters from PCM, gladstones and the court before these fleecers from equita wrote?

has she moved in recent times and failed to update the DVLA V5C for her car registration?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read our upload guide CAREFULLY

pdf only please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to PCM/Gladstones Backdoor CCJ re BP Station ANPR PCN never got anything till Equita DCA letters

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the super quick replies!

@BankFodder redacted PDF added for the 2 letters received.

@dx100uk Her car at the time was registered at my brothers address as she was living there. Her house was rented out last year and she always goes to check for letters. Nothing sent to both addresses. If a CCJ was sent, or even the PCN, she would have been on my case ASAP so i doubt she would have ingored them, especially a CCJ!

equita letters .pdf

You have redacted reference numbers. It's just vaguely possible that one of them might be a County Court claim number and we would prefer to see it

It also says that the money is owed to Gladstone's – which other solicitors and it is highly unlikely that they are the claimant – assuming that there has been a claim issued.

It doesn't look like one to me. Let's see what my colleague @dx100uk has to say about it

• Thanks 1

magistrates liability order attained by gladstones ...yea OK 

solicitors can't get a liability order 

who's secretary cant write properly at equita..

go get her credit file 

i bet you'll find a CCJ number on it.

if this is the case then equita DCA are in VERY serious trouble here for claiming a CCJ can magically be turned into a magistrates Liability order and be enforced by bailiffs 

and they

4 hours ago, Qmaru said:

and not have reached out to PCM or Gladstone yet.

For goodness sake don't "reach out" to them.

They are the crooks who have sued your mum although they knew she didn't owe a bean (there is a 10-minute grace period when parking on private land) and obtained the CCJ.  They are the enemy.  Don't communicate with them at all. 

With patience there is a solution to this.

Thanks for uploading in PDF format, but you left your mum's name showing.  I've deleted your attachment.  Can you please redact and upload again?  Thanks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ive done the PDF for you.

and they

Hi everyone,

Really appreciate the guidance. So ive done a lot of calls today to the other parties (CCBC & Gladstone) to get more info.

Original PCN letters was apparently sent to my mums previous address March 19, although she doesnt recall seeing any. She moved back into her original home which she rented out towards near end of year, which then she declared her car off road as she no longer needed her car as she was retiring. That address has now been rented out but tenants have not advised of any letters sent for last year/this year.

Her PCN appeared down as "non patron parking". PCM have said thats for continued parking even after you have already paid for petrol/goods. Called CCBC who said the CCJ was sent to the same address as the PCN this April 2020 with a follow up not long after. Advised of situation as she was stuck abroad, there was no way for her to respond to it and gave the same answer as Gladstone and Equita, "sorry but you are going to have to make payment arrangements".

I realise the situation is pretty crap right now and it doesnt sound like she may have a leg to stand on as according to both CCBC and PCM, they used data from DVLA which is where they sent the details to. I'm hoping there is somewhere in there that we are able to use the fact that she could not respond to any high court jundgements due to her being stuck abroad.

If you need the CCJ number, its G9GF983X.

Your mum has an important decision to make, depending on how much the CCJ might muck up her life.

1.  She can ignore Equita & co.  Although there would be a lot of bluster, at the end of the day there's not much they could do.  However, she would have a trashed credit file for six years.

2.  She can apply to have the judgement set aside.  Given COVID this would probably be done over the phone in 10 minutes with a judge.  She would have to explain why she didn't defend the original claim (easy, it went to an old address) and how she proposes to defend any future case (easy, she was there for less than 10 minutes which is within the grace period).  However, it costs £255 to go for a set side.

Stop communicating with Gladstones.  They are the enemy.  Obviously they aren't going to explain about set aside and are going to say you have no option but to pay. 

Send a SAR to PCM, it's free and then she'll be able to see what they're claiming.

The situation is anything but hopeless.  If you do a search on the site for "backdoor CCJ" you'll see we've had loads of people in the same position who were able to get the judgement set aside relatively easily.

Edited by FTMDave
  • Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Dave,

1. I'd doubt she'll be after any credit any time soon as shes retired and already has a mortgage.

2. £255 is cheaper than 358, but depends if she pays Equita and if she can arrange for a lower sum.

Gladstone passed to Equita so wont be calling them back anyway as they gave the two fingers.

The lady from PCM was nice over the phone and she did suggest a SAR.

Just been on PCM website to check what video evidence they have. She parked her car just on the entrance/exit to the forecourt on the kerb. Timestamp on photo from first picture was 13:22PM. Timestamp issued for PCN is 13:36PM.

The attached notice is somewhere around this garage. There is a visible one, but not the same picture as below, buts its on the right hand side on a pillar of the forecourt buidling.

GetImage.aspx.jpg

nothing here explains how a ccj can be turned into a magistrates order

magistrates liability order attained by gladstones ...yea OK 

solicitors can't get a liability order 

who's secretary cant write properly at equita..

if this is the case then equita DCA are in VERY serious trouble here for claiming a CCJ can magically be turned into a magistrates Liability order and be enforced by bailiffs 

and they

you pay no-one if its not necessary to remove the CCJ.

least of all equita.

and they

What happens if they send an enforcement officer as the CCJ was not responded. She wouldnt know the legal process and i dont neither cause ive seen them hound someone before.

a ccj under £600 can only be enforced by county court bailiffs assigned by the county court NOT equita bailiffs

PCM as the claimant would need to return to court to ask the judge to enforce then CCJ by using county court bailiffs

of that she would get court notification it was happening 

dx

and they

As to Magistrates its a Civil CCJ, so magisdtrates can have nothing to do with it, good advice from DX, it would be better to set it aside than pay Equita.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You shouldn't even think of paying.  Even if you pay, the CCJ won't go away.

Get that SAR off tomorrow (with free Certificate of Posting from the post office).

Getting rid of the CCJ is key, as was back door, and is a good defence PPC ignored the 10 minute Grace Period to issue invoice,  to the claim its only valid option, as the CCJ affects even mobile and landline contracts, as they might refuse a switch or a new mobile due to it.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!