Revisiting a Bailiff enforcing a court order for an old parking fine - paid twice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon CAGgers having done a fair bit of research here now something has just occurred to me and I would really appreciate some advice. 

My fiancee had a bailiff turn up at the door last year who was enforcing a court order for an old parking fine. 

Does that mean she has a CCJ against her? Shes a great saver and has or had fantastic record with dealing with credit. It was an oversight and moving house that lead to the parking ticket becoming more than just that. 

Before scaring the bejesus out of her if we had a bailiff turn up with a warrant to enforce the debt that must mean she has a CCJ right? 

Only even occurred to me because of Dx mantra of DCAs aren't bailiffs! 

At the mo she thinks her credit rating is fantastic. 

Pending your advice here I will obviously get her to check her credit file but she will be horrified if she does have a CCJ. 

If it turns out she does and wasn't even aware is that it? Or is then some form of appeal route she could go down how ever likely? I'd like to be able to reassure her in case the worse I think might have happened is true. 

Many thanks in advance as ever. 

council PCN or Private Invoice

BIG Difference!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

magistrates don't issue CCJ..

so who's the bailiff

not DCBL par chance?

has she checked her credit file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Andyorch changed the title to Bailiff enforcing a court order for an old parking fine

well something would have given  in the last YEAR if it were either.

i will gather all her old addresses SHOW on her credit file?

and they

She had to sign up to each of the cras as she wasn't previously registered so yeah all previous addresses were put up as part of the registration process.

The thing is after recollecting with my fiancee the exact amount had already been paid off with her calling the COUNCIL office prior to sort it. Then suddenly a bailiff at the door a week or two later. She paid it again cause she could afford at the time and he had clamped her car and neither of us had thought any more about it until I panicked yesterday thinking about it having read many posts here. 

She can't be bothered with it now but I'm sure we would have some case to make if she would... 

Edited by Mdg123
Changed a could to a would.

so a council PCN.

nothing to do with credit files.

nothing to do with county Court

norhing to do with any CCJ.

if she paid twice it should be investigated..

and they

Sorry dx didn't even know the council could send bailiffs out. When she questioned the bailiff on the day I could of swore he said he was enforcing a court order but she seemed to think he said he needed to call the council to see if the warrant was enforceable as she said it had already been paid. 

Completely agree either way it needs to be investigated. 

Never knew councils had bailiffs?! 

Have checked her bank statements and she paid pretty much the exact same amount after making an agreement with them a month or so earlier and then a bailiff turned up and made her pay again even after checking with his office whether he had the power to be there. Makes me so mad! 

• dx100uk changed the title to Revisiting a Bailiff enforcing a court order for an old parking fine - paid twice?

they don't.

but an unpaid Penalty Charge Notice is a Fine

non Payment of Fines are enforced by a magistrates court

where the council would have referred it to for Bailiff enforcement.

so the bailiff was correct in stating he was enforcing a court order.

i would suggest that as it had escalated to bailiff involvement

fees of £75 via a notice of enforcement letter were added

and then when the NOE time limit of 7 days had expired, a visit was made , with the car being clamped and the further fee of £235 added.

there would have been numerous other letters from the council and the court prior to the above.

now i'm not sure upon time limits nor if there is a chance to question a 2019 pcn.

but normally if someone receives nothing prior to the bailiff appearing and clamping the car 

(poss due to a recent move at the time whereby she didn't update DVLA via V5C upon change of address?)

there is redress via some relevant forms .

if or if not due to the lapse in time these options are possible and anything can be done i am not aware of.

p'haps someone else does 

depending upon you expanding upon the story relevant to above scenarios.

and they