Talk Talk

ellielou

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's a long story but to cut it short I'll bullet it.

Requested phone with free broadband

Phone switched on 15th Sept & BB was due to be activated on 9th October

9th Oct comes - nothing

After 4 phone calss have to reorder BB & is due to be active on 27th Nov

27th Nov - got the modem plugged it in - everything going ok & then my user name & password not recognised. So I called their freephone number from my home phone to check my password - it does not regocnise my phone number so I don't have a password.

Over the past 3 days I've made numerous calls to thier 10p a minute line & I still can't connect to BB &it's buggered up my dial up connection too!!

Anyway my question is - where do you think I'd stand in claiming the call costs back when I've got it all sorted? I would be using the fact that it is due to a problem at thier end that I cannot connect, I am folling the steps they have supplied me with & I am now having to phone them to get it sorted?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks x

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

I have had nothing but problems with Talk Talk since signing with them in May 06. I am now in the process of switching back to BT. Talk Talk are paying my bills up to transfer date and have given me £200 for inconvenience. Threaten them with suing for breach of contract and if you want some contact e mails and phone nos PM me. I used to e mail several people in their company evry day until it was sorted or until they gave mesatifactory compensation.

Thanks Mart

I have already written to them with the breach of contract arguement. However, that was when they initially cancelled my order!

Since last Monday I've spent over £50 on calls to their support line & each time I've been promised a 'call back'. They have called back but not at the agreed time, which has meant I've not been near my PC!

I've had enough already, I writing to them tonight to cancel my contract and request that they refund my phone charges and also compensate me for the inconnvienence.

Any examples of letter you sent would be gratefully recieved, if you don't mind that is?

Many thanks

Ellielou

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

• 1 month later...
I have had nothing but problems with Talk Talk since signing with them in May 06. I am now in the process of switching back to BT. Talk Talk are paying my bills up to transfer date and have given me £200 for inconvenience. Threaten them with suing for breach of contract and if you want some contact e mails and phone nos PM me. I used to e mail several people in their company evry day until it was sorted or until they gave mesatifactory compensation.

can i please have the contacts you mention. would be greatly appreciated. repeatedly tried cancelling they just hang up everytime.

Hi I'm new to this site. I was just wondering if anyone had some advice about talk talk.

The short story:

My brother signed up with TT November for talk 3 international with free broadband. Was told phone would be connected within 3 weeks and BB by Jan 1st, phone connected fine, BB not connected til middle Jan and had to phone for username & password they did not sent welcome pack. No major problem there. My brother has difficulty reading very small print so did not realise had to put in pre-fix for international calls, he's accepts he was at fault with this.

Bills clearly state he has a call limit of a £100, so was surprised to find latest bill for over £280 for calls, have tried to phone and speak to someone (in South African call centre) explain situation, they told him they have increased his call limit to £320 (without telling him or getting his permission didn't think they could do this?) when he tries to discuss matter with them they either hang up or their systems crashes, which is happening several times a day at moment. (I think they need new system!) Bill is due to be taken from bank account 9th Feb. PLEASE HELP!

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue]Barclays bank[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]- £1260.00[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][B]Settled for £1774.20 - [COLOR=#ff00ff]7th June 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red]MBNA - £1994.46 - [/COLOR][COLOR=red]inc contractual int[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]Settled for £2024.00 - [COLOR=magenta]16th April 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B]First Direct - £1147.00[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#4b0082][COLOR=indigo]Settled for £1147.00 -[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff00ff]1st May [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]2007[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=green][B][U]Capital One - £802.83 - inc contractual int[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#008000]Prelim sent - [COLOR=#ff00ff]28th March 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]LBA sent - [COLOR=magenta]19th April 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]