DFS - Delivery of half bed and not resolving the issue

KrishnaPally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have booked a Kingsize bed for delivery and installation service at Hull St Andrews quay on 21/08/2020 with DFS and paid in full (868.00) with order number 03ZNO3226. They have arranged delivery on 21/10/2020, so i have got rid of my old bed. Delivery team installed the new bed and identified the Slacks and iron frame inside is of wrong size. They left the half assembled outer bedframe in the bedroom which occupies whole bedroom and has to leave my mattress stand against window. Delivery team told us they have reported the issue with DFS distribution centre, who will give us call back later that afternoon regarding when DFS would come back and fix the issue. However no one contacted whole day. I have made numerous calls (atleast 5) and they told someone will call back on 24/10/2020.

Again no one contacted us on 23rd and I rang your contact centre, store for at least 7 times. Even used complaint option on DFS website and I was even on hold for 45 mins in some calls and finally someone from hull store told Hull store branch manager will give me a call back on 25/10/2020. On 25th finally hull store manager(forgotten name) called us and told that they are going to get missing part by Wednesday 28/10/2020 and will call back today and arrange a delivery next day. However no contact from DFS as usual. I have ring you store and contract centres at least 7 times and after numerous call holds and passing around, i have to raise another complaint form on DFS website. 
Finally store manager rang again after lady from head office told that parts will only come on 2nd November now and will arrange delivery later. We rang them again on 2nd November now they are telling they will receive parts on 4th Nov and arrange for fitting, however cannot guarantee delivery due to COVID restrictions from 5th of November. I cannot use whole room, currently sleeping in my sofa as my mattress is upright position from nearly 2 weeka which is bad for new mattress and there is no sight to end of my problems. Can somebody help  me to take this issue to next step for resolutions.

Thanks,

Krishna

Half fitter bed.jpg

What an amazing story.

Obviously you're going to have to take some urgent action. I'm afraid that nothing will be quick and to a great extent it will rely on them actually carrying out their promise. However you can at least claim compensation.

I would suggest that you begin by sending them a letter of claim today and give them 14 days to sort out the problem and also to reimburse you £200 compensation or else you will bring a legal action against them in the county court and without any further notice.

Do it now.

I'm afraid that there is nothing that we can suggest it will actually produce the bed for you immediately but maybe this pressure will help if you send this letter. However it seems to me that you are certainly entitled to some compensation for this ridiculous inconvenience to which you are being put.

additionally, start keeping a very detailed log of all the broken promises failed phone calls and any phone calls which actually happened including promises made who said what to who at cetera.

keep a day-to-day diary of how it is affecting you because that will help you claim a reasonable amount of compensation.

as I saying, there is no way that we can get them to produce a bed for you overnight and if it really is true that they don't have the parts then you will have to wait it out as ridiculous as it sounds.

the only other thing you could do is to cancel the contract immediately and to order another bed from someone else if you can guarantee delivery. If you want to do that then let us know. If you wanted to cancel the contract and order another bed then I would suggest that you phone around and find somebody who can deliver a bed tomorrow and then let us know.

If if you can find a bed from another supplier which can be delivered immediately then I think that there is no problem cancelling the existing contract with immediate effect because the circumstances are exceptional. You would then be able to claim all your money back plus compensation

Incidentally find the name of the store manager who phoned you and put his name up here. We might as well know the names of the individuals who are involved in this farce