Backdoor Arrows/Dryden CCJ + old Warrant - old Nationwide Credit Card Debt - prob already SB'd at Claim Date

rnfrds10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so this is what i am going to send

I refer to your letter regarding dated 20th January 2021 stating that the debt wasn’t statute barred on the basis that a payment (not made by me) in August 2012 towards this debt.   I believe that the debt was statute barred before any payment was made and if payments were made the debt still doesn’t become un statute barred.

I kept it short, so the onus is on them to prove otherwise.  

On 09/02/2021 at 18:34, dx100uk said:

Via Payplan

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hello, so as a reminder this is what I sent added in the (via Payplan bit):

"I refer to your letter regarding dated 20th January 2021 stating that the debt wasn’t statute barred on the basis that payment was made via payplan in August 2012 towards this debt.   I believe that the debt was statute barred before any payment was made and if payments were made to the debt it still doesn’t unbar a statute barred debt.

I will await your response."

This is the letter dated 25 Feb they sent back which I just received, I didn't scan as its only a couple of lines and quick this way:

"We refer to our previous correspondence and note that we have not received your completed financial statement.  

It is in your interest to provide us with enough information to accurately assess your circumstances, therefore if you have difficulty completing the form, please contact us on xxxx at your earliest convenience or seek independent advice from one of the organization listed overleaf."

I just checked if the letter I sent and it was received and signed for on 17/02.   Wonder if its a good sign, that unlike all the other letters I have received from them this doesn't have some sort of threat of action in a certain time frame. 

Cheers 

Prob just a std automatically generated letter.

Not in response to you last reply

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

yes i seems you are not the only one drydens are delaying things over.

Backdoor Erudio CCJ - old Student Loans - Page 3 - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

see post 70...

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

then time to launch your court claim.

this thread is a few stage ahead of you so perfect to copy.

Backdoor Erudio CCJ - old Student Loans - Page 5 - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

dx

and they

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yep I was probably stupid not launching the court action back when told, as time went on it was out of my mind. That aside,

I recently got told by arrow that they are using resolvecall and then resolvecall sent at letter saying if I don’t reply in 7 days someone will come round to try to collect the debt,

this is the first contact since they received my letter February 2021 stating that the debt was barred even though payments were made.  

I am wondering if they are just trying it now?  

It’s been over 1.5 years since my last contact and if they could legally enforce they would have by now, surely. 

resolvecall are as you know a powerless dca.

if they ever do appear, film them, tell them to leave your property and not to return or you will call police 101

do not engage.

and they

Just as an update, i just received an email from them not sure how they got my email.  They have offered to settle the debt with a 30% discount within 14 days and they haven't mentioned anything legal in the rest of the email.   I won't respond, so will see what happens in 14 days.  Cheers 

• 2 months later...