Highview/DCB(L) +3yrs PCN PAPLOC Now claimform - 1-3 Upper Green East.

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

how can you compromise your defence when you have already sent it to DCB(L):crazy:

we will need to see it as we will need to know how many times you've shot yourself in the foot and protect against it if its included in their WS exhibits.

well depending upon the results to my above, it could be useful as another reason toward a vague POC as there are about 8 listed on google earth.

dx

@dx100uk, I'm afraid you've got this wrong. My fear of compromising my defence wasn't with regards my response to DCB Legal's initial letter per se. It was more in reference to any subsequent advice posted on this thread by other forum members and I was only being wary due to the numerous instances when some have cautioned about parking companies and their legal reps trawling these pages to stay a step ahead.

As I did also state however, I'm happy to provide full details of that initial reply to DCB Legal and have therefore reproduced it below. Thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

In relation to the above claim, please be advised of the following:

I am seeking debt advice, so this case will need to be put on hold whilst I do this (30 days).

I was not the driver at the time of this parking event.

The notice to keeper issued by your client did NOT conform to POFA and as a result your client is unable to hold me liable.

Your client does NOT rely on POFA and so doesn't rely on keeper liability under POFA.

As I was not the driver, I will demonstrate to the court why the notice to keeper is deficient and thus I am not liable and cannot be held liable under POFA.

Any attempt of you to use Elliott vs Locke which is a Gladstones trick will be dismantled in full.

Therefore, please refer this back to your client.

As I am not the party who is liable for this then, I will pursue your client for unreasonable costs.

I will also have your attempt at double recovery shown up for what it is.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you

Stop believing old wives tales!

It cant hurt you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

So I submitted a CPR 31.14 and SAR requests to DCB Legal and Highview Parking respectively 
and have now received the below responses from them.

On their part, DCB Legal replied that as a claim has been issued, they are not obliged to 
provide evidence at this stage unless ordered to do so by the Court.

Highview Parking on the other hand have requested I complete a return a form they've sent 
me, as they are required under GDPR to validate my identity prior to releasing personal data.

Looking further, I am now rather keen to begin putting together a defence statement and would
be extremely grateful for any assistance or advice towards that.

none of that matters so ignore ...

its not for you to chase relevant documents but for them to provide them as exhibits in their WS.

you didn't need to sar anyone. not your problem but its upto you

have you moved since you got the original speculative invoice?

as for your defence

it will be our std generic 3 - 5 line defence in just about every PCN claimform thread here already

post it up here 1st mind

must be filed via MCOL by 4pm 1st feb.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I finally managed to put together a draft of my 3 page defence statement (attached).

Would appreciate a review and feedback on the arguments put across in my statement

by my fellow Caggers please.

Thanks folks.

defence-statement.pdf

so you did read what i posted them....

and they