• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Highview/DCB(L) 2017 PCN PAPLOC Now claimform - 1-3 Upper Green East. ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you

Stop believing old wives tales!

It cant hurt you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

So I submitted a CPR 31.14 and SAR requests to DCB Legal and Highview Parking respectively 
and have now received the below responses from them.

On their part, DCB Legal replied that as a claim has been issued, they are not obliged to 
provide evidence at this stage unless ordered to do so by the Court.

Highview Parking on the other hand have requested I complete a return a form they've sent 
me, as they are required under GDPR to validate my identity prior to releasing personal data.

Looking further, I am now rather keen to begin putting together a defence statement and would
be extremely grateful for any assistance or advice towards that.

none of that matters so ignore ...

its not for you to chase relevant documents but for them to provide them as exhibits in their WS.

you didn't need to sar anyone. not your problem but its upto you

have you moved since you got the original speculative invoice?

as for your defence

it will be our std generic 3 - 5 line defence in just about every PCN claimform thread here already

post it up here 1st mind

must be filed via MCOL by 4pm 1st feb.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so you didn't read what i posted then....

and they

• 1 month later...

So here are the latest updates to my case:

[DCB Legal]
On the 2nd of this month, I received an email from DCB Legal (with a completed N180 Directions Questionnaire attached) informing me that having reviewed the content of my defence, their client had confirmed their intention to proceed with the claim against me. The next paragraph of the email then informed me that the Court would direct both parties to file directions questionnaires in due course and in anticipation of that, a copy of the client's completed questionnaire was attached. 

They then went on to add that without prejudice to any of the above and in order to assist the Court in achieving its overriding objective, their client may be prepared to consider a mutual settlement of the case and should I wish to discuss this further, contact them on a given phone number.

[County Court Business Centre]
A few days after the DCB Legal email, I received a letter from the Northampton CCBC dated 5 March 2021, titled "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track". The letter instructs me to complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (N180) and file it with the court office by 22 March 2021, also serving copies on all other parties. Also attached to the letter is an HM Courts and Tribunals Service form inviting me to consider an out-of-court mediation.

[What Next?]
Would greatly appreciate advice on how best to proceed next, following the above updates.

simply follow the N180 advice already here on just about every PCN Claimform thread

in between stages you should be reading up and self helping so you know whats next and what to do when it happens.

3 copies

1 wit you

NO to mediation 

the rest is obvious

1 to the court 

1 to DCB(L) (omit email/sig/phone)

1 for your file

and they

shame you filed that 3 part harmony defence

most of that is for your WS else you'll have no surprises for them and they already know what cards you are going to play and can fake paperwork to counter it.

send them one more email, stating that email is to no longer be used for any comms regarding the case.

else they file things 1 min before a deadline by email removing your chance to counter their fake paperwork.

do that now.

dx

and they

Have you received a response to your CPR and SAR as well as their WS? Please post up what you have including the Notice to keeper, and Driver if you received one. 

I see in your defence that you said that they had failed to comply with keeper liability. How do you know that unless you have kept the NTK from 4 years ago. If it was a shot in the dark and totally wong, no wonder they are taking you to Court.

That defence of yours was more like a WS and they may be deluded into thinking that you are a total novice. And while you have made mistakes along the way they are not as yet, fatal. You can still win in Court but you can no longer play secret squirrel. 

You have to show us what you have, not letter from debt collectors but PCNs and their WS as well as the documents they sent in response to your CPR and sar.  Their contract with land owners and photos of the car park signage. 

Now is not the time to do a disappearing act. there is a difference between winning and losing which could amount to £200 0r so if your WS is not strong enough.

There is no point of us being here to help for nothing, and not utilising that help. We do have a great deal of success getting people off against these crooks but so far withyou we have nothing to go on.

It cannot hurt to show what they have sent you since they already know what they have sent you. And if they have sent their WS to Court they cannot change it or now without spending more money which makes the whole point of going to Court  a waste of time and money from their perspective.

• Like 1

@dx100ukthanks for your prompt feedback. Will send that email asap.

@lookinforinfoyes, I have indeed received a response to my SAR from CP Plus. DCB Legal on the other hand refused to comply with the CPR request, as per my previous update here on January 27th.

In response to my SAR Request (again reported here some weeks ago) CP Plus have sent across a number of documents which I'll shortly upload here, after scanning and masking out some personal details as required. Below is the complete list of the document they've sent me, each with different dates in 2014.

1. Charge Notice (with two grainy pictures of my vehicle) x 3.

2. Legal Action Pending (with two grainy pictures of my vehicle) x 2.

3. Charge Notice Reminder (with two grainy pictures of my vehicle) x 3.

4. Final Demand Before Legal Proceedings from Deanem Collections x 1

No other documents were received and definitely no NTK.

Their PCN dated the 13th March which is effectively their Notice to Keeper does not comply with PoFA so there is no keeper liability. So if you have not given away the name of the driver you should have a stronger case. And if you hadn't made the statement that you cannot remember who was driving in your defence to them you would be in an even stronger position. If your car had more than just your name included on the insurance document of the time that would help. If it was a company car with others permitted to drive that would also help.

@lookinforinfothanks for the feedback. Do you mind elaborating a bit on why that PCN you mention doesn't comply with PoFA please? Thank you.

On your point though regarding me giving away the name of the driver, in my defence I did initially upload on here a draft of my defence statement and kindly requested for some feedback on it from this forum before submitting it. There are obviously many on here like yourself who're clearly more knowledgeable and experienced on these issues and I for one value feedback from the likes of you and would definitely have heeded to any early feedback/advice to avoid certain wording that could potentially compromise my defence, e.g. on the driver's identity, etc.

It's equally disappointing when one reads certain comments/feedback on here along the lines of........you've been a member on CAG for x number of years and should be familiar with this and that process or procedure, etc.

Yes, it's acknowledged that some of us may be registered members for a considerable amount of years, but I'd also kindly urge patience and for others to also acknowledge that some of us often go years without ever visiting this website and so would not always be abreast with recent changes, discussions or material on issues around the challenging of PCNs. Unfortunately, having a hectic family, work and personal life puts paid to that full stop. You don't visit the hospital until you need urgent medical attention and many of us can often go years without the need to visit one. 🙂

I will reiterate though that I am extremely grateful for all the feedback (even though often drip-fed) and all the offered advice and support here to assist me in my case. It is most appreciated and I'm very, very thankful.

Edited by hitman126

@honeybee13I agree entirely with your point. I'll also say however that whenever I revisit CAG to solicit advice on any parking issue, the first thing I do is search the forum for similar cases, just to give me some initial pointers. As you'll however also acknowledge, there's often hundreds such cases to filter through (sometimes with varying degrees of advice and outcomes) and so it's perhaps best to simply start a new thread and seek the required expert advice.

Nothing wrong with starting a thread, I wasn't saying that. You can always read up in our Parking Successes forum where caggers have beaten the PPCs.

The point is that if this gets to a hearing, you need to be confident enough in the details to present your case and possibly disagree with Highview.

Here's a case from the Parking Prankster blog where a different parking company lost over PoFA. There are others there.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2018/03/court-report-uk-cpm-lose-on-pofa-and.html

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Compliance with POFA is very spedcific, and failure to do everything correctly  such as specific time limits to send stuff to keeper means PPC cannot use it to transfer liability to keeper

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 months later...

after much to-ing and fro-ing, I received notification from the court a couple of days ago that my case will now be heard on May 2022, which suits me fine😊.

Any delay or wasting of time endured by Highview Parking is music to my ears, as it hopefully will get them to ponder and reflect whether it is worth their while having to wait an entire year for adjudication over some stupid and paltry PCN.

Having said that, I look forward to the hearing as I'm 200% confident of my defence and for which I owe a great deal of gratitude to everyone who chipped in here with those awesome tips and advice. The battle isn't won yet, but the 1 year delay is itself a little moral victory for me. Thanks peeps 🙏🙏

• Like 1

when have you got to exchange WS's and highview pay the fee?

and they

you have a court date, which means you and they must have sent back your N180's and have now had an N157 with a court date and allocation to your local court. in the order the judge should state WS exchange dates and a date the claimant must pat the hearing fee...

and they

thanks for clearing that up.

I can only assume that the details you're referring to are the paragraph worded as follows:

"Unless the claimant does by 4.00pm on the dd April 2022 pay to the court the trial fee of £25.00 or file a properly completed application (i.e. one which provides all the required information in the manner requested) for help with fees, then the claim will be struck out with effect from dd April 2022 without further order and, unless the court orders otherwise, you will also be liable for the costs which the defendant has incurred.