• Tweets

• No just the year stated from 2019   I had to phone them on Monday and arrange a payment plan. They was really good on the phone too xx
    • Thanks Jackson. But you haven’t heard anything more on the previous closed years now??
    • When you say you bought it from O2 – you mean from an O2 shop or online from O2 – but not from some third-party shop? From the sounds of it you have an excellent report from Apple – and who would know better if not Apple. I don't think you need to do anything more. Have you sent the report to O2? If so when? And what response of the given you? I can tell you that if you send the phone off to O2 NOW and ask them to carry out their inspection, they will take probably a couple of months or so. They may end up simply sending the phone to Apple. Furthermore, they may well tell you that you will have to pay a fee for their inspection. In the end, even if they find that there is a fault, they will probably want to charge you for repairing the phone. It's clear that you have a faulty phone and Apple have confirmed that and that it is not as a result of misuse. Excellent. Not only that, you submitted the faulty phone within the warranty period but even if you hadn't, you would still be covered by the consumer rights act which provides that you are entitled to have goods of satisfactory quality and that they should remain in satisfactory condition for a reasonable period of time. A telephone which needs over £300 worth repair after only one year of use is clearly not satisfactory – especially when we are talking about fault which you tell us has been documented over the Internet. I suggest that you start collecting screenshots and any other information as evidence of the complaints that are being made about exactly the same problem. Assuming that you have already provided the Apple evidence to O2 and they have either declined or not responded then the next step is to send a letter of claim. Unfortunately with these companies, it simply not worth allowing things to drag on too much. The pattern is that it takes the claim papers to produce a response and then they start to take you seriously. Read around this forum about the steps involved taking a small claim in the County Court and make sure you understand the broad pattern of events. If you are prepared to take this kind of action then let us know and we will help you with the next step.  
    • My claim hasn't been finalised as I only ended it in June. So it will be finalised this tax year. 
    • Okay I've gone through the trade and I think I'm up to speed. The last thing I know is that you were advised to write to Amazon or to have some discussion with them to see what their response would be. Have you done this? Anyway, I don't think that you can let it go any longer. £2000 is a lot of money to be out of pocket. Have you read around this forum about the steps required to take a small claim in the County Court? If you are familiar with the steps and you are happy to go ahead then the next step will be to send a letter of claim. This will give 14 days for them to reimburse you or else you will sue them. At the end of the 14 days – day 15 – you click off the claim. If you have any doubts about this then don't send the letter – but frankly if you are prepared to go ahead and issue the claim papers and follow through, then I think you may as well write it all off because nobody is going to help you until you start to get assertive. The County Court papers will put you in control because there will be deadline set by the court process which they will have to comply with. Suddenly there are going to have to start taking notice and respond. Let us know what you want to do.
  • Our picks

Defendant courier insists no 'implied contract' for failing to deliver parcels

Dear Forum Members - I am seeking help with a case I have started against a national courier who systematically confiscated several parcels which were on-line purchases from high-street retailers.  I argued that since the courier intentionally collected the parcels from the retailers, then sent me text and e-mail updates advising of the imminent delivery of the parcels, there was an 'implied contract' which was breached each time a parcel was not delivered.  In their defence received yesterday, the courier argue that there was no such 'implied contract'.  Of the 11 parcels involved, they have only managed to track two which they confirm are assumed lost.

(i) I have kept a comprehensive record of the chronology of events;

(ii) there is copious e-mail correspondence which corroborate my chronology including complaints which I filed;

(iii) the courier failed to respond to a 'Subject Access Request';

(iv) the courier failed to respond to the 'Letter before Action'.

My damages comprise time lost from taking time off to wait for the parcels in 2019 (the value of the parcels was refunded by the retailers). But for the fact that the courier promised specific delivery time slot, I would have not taken time off work to wait for the parcels and wold have saved myself leave days.  This was compounded by the fact that the courier's conduct was 'systematic' and apparently 'malicious' for what ever reason.

I would welcome comments, ideas, steer and any other notions which might guide me please.  Attached are my 'Particulars of Claim' and the recently received defence.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With thanks & best wishes. Maketa

Attached file:

img20201031_15563304.pdf

Edited by Maketa79

Who is the courier?

You need to tell us the story.  I'm afraid that the claim form gives almost no useful information.

You've been here since January and it's a shame you didn't come to us before starting this

Thank you BankFodder for reading and responding to my post. 

(i) I'm sorry I did not mention the courier's name because I suspected there is a need to anonymise the case.

(ii) With regards to the 'story' I have, hopefully concisely set the scene in the Particulars of Claim, that is the gist of the matter.  The defence provided by the courier puts their case from their side. 

(iii) I try to seek help as a last resort in view of how busy people are I tend to fear that I might be a bother.

Perhaps you might help me by pointing out where I might have missed a 'trick' please. I would be most grateful for your help.

Edited by Maketa79

If you want to save us all a lot of time, you can tell us the whole story in a chronology without too much narrative including who you are dealing with.

We really can't say if you have missed a trick until you lay it all out.

In terms of not wanting to bother us, - very noble, but it is less of a bother if you come to us first so that we can help you to get it right first go

Thank you BankFodder for the feedback and learning; here is the chronology which encapsulates the 'story'.  All parcels listed below were never delivered (for no apparent reason - the reason stated on the messages I received was that 'customer has no knowledge of purchases' ) by the courier who I'm cautious not to name in case there are legal implications for me personally. This matter is now in the Court system. I would be grateful if you could please confirm that you have seen the defence.

Chronology

Retailer

Date goods ordered

Date goods collected from retailer & promised for delivery by xxxxxx

Comments / Breach of contract

Holland & Barrett

23/09/2019

27/09/2019

Parcels not delivered – returned to H&B

Debenhams

27/09/19

07/10/2019

Parcels not delivered - returned to Debenhams

Holland & Barrett (re-order)

01/10/2019

07/10/2019

Parcels not delivered – returned to H&B

Debenhams

29/09/2019

01/10/2019

Parcel not delivered - returned to Debenhams

Debenhams

29/09/2019

01/10/2019

Debenhams (re-order)

01/10/2019

07/10/2019

I'm very sorry but this is very scant information and it certainly doesn't lay out the story in the way that I asked. Also there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't identify the courier. as long as you are straight dealing and honest then it is better to bring things out in the open. we don't play secret squirrel here or get into any skulduggery.

we are very pleased to help you and support you but you will have to lay things out in the open so can we can fully understand and provide us with the information that we have asked for