Rogue Trader - could he take me to small claims court to "reclaim" £250 / VAT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello -

I have an existing dispute with an independent trader who undertook work in my house.

After months of poor workmanship, incorrect installations / solutions, needing to get a separate heating engineer to sort out a problem with the boiler, I asked him to review his initial quote - taking into account the catalogue of errors.

He comes back with an increased quote. 

Needless to say, I realised this relationship was untenable so offered him two options 

1) to rectify the quote and make good the works to a satisfactory conclusion or

2) accept a full and final settlement to relinquish both of us from the original agreement

(and i will find someone else to complete the work to a more reputable standard.) 

He agreed to option 2 and I have now paid him the settlement amount.

He is now he is saying i have to pay him the additional VAT on the settlement agreement (amounts to about £250.) 

Legal advice has indicated that as a consumer my settlement agreement was inclusive of VAT.   

QUESTION

-  if he took me to small claims, what are the chances of him winning (I have evidence (photo and otherwise) of all of the mistakes / delays / cowboy behaviour) and would it be worth it for him, for £250?. 

I also have it in writing that he agreed to the F&F settlement and at no point did he mention VAT.

Thanks!

fat chance he'd win

willy waving.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...